Company: Visiting Nurse Service of New York
Posted on: November 19, 2021
OverviewPerforms general administrative duties to support
assigned program/department. Assists program/department head and
staff with coordination and execution of administrative tasks
necessary to meet the goals and objectives of the
program/department. Works under moderate
- Performs and provides general administrative activities and
duties (i.e., photocopies, faxes, scanning, organizes, prepares and
maintains records, etc.) to support the program/department.
- Maintains department/program files and performs accurate filing
using established system, including scanning corporate files and
documents and maintaining electronic files.
- Answers and screens telephone calls using established and
appropriate greeting; takes detailed messages and routes calls to
appropriate party, areas and/or program. Responds to general
inquiries, requests for information, follows up, as appropriate and
refers complex non-routine inquires to supervisor or appropriate
- Coordinates and schedules meetings, arranges logistics and
equipment needs, prepares and distributes meeting notifications and
invitations, establishes attendance list, prepares agenda and
materials for meetings, and takes minutes, as needed.
- Prepares correspondence, memos, and reports from notes provided
by program/department management or staff. Prepares original
routine correspondence, as directed.
- Receives, opens, sorts, and distributes incoming mail and
routes outgoing mail to the appropriate area for action. Prepares
and sends mailings and packages.
- Enters data and information into systems, databases or other
programs using a personal computer and appropriate
- Monitors and orders department supplies and equipment
inventory. Calls for service and equipment repair, as
- Compiles information and prepares basic analyses of requested
information or data.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties, as
required.For Professional Corporation Only:
- Plans and coordinates patient scheduling medical visits with
Nurse Practitioner, and other clinicians as needed. Enters
information into the billing system, registers patients, and
communicates with patients and clinicians.
- Assists with the clinician credentialing process. Alerts staff
members of expiring licenses/certifications and reports/escalates
issues as needed. Ensures all records, files and data are updated
in appropriate databases.
- Assists with checking insurance eligibility and initial/ongoing
visit authorization prior for care being provided by the PC.
Communicates with clinicians as needed.QualificationsEducation:
High School Diploma or GED required.Experience: Minimum one year of
general office experience required. Effective oral and written
communication and customer service skills required. Basic personal
computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel required. Health
care insurance reimbursement, financial verification and
third-party reimbursement experience, preferred. Prior medical
office experience preferred.
Keywords: Visiting Nurse Service of New York, New Rochelle , Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!