Education Manager- North Bronx
Company: HOMES FOR THE HOMELESS, INC
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Our residential facility in the North Bronx seeks an
enthusiastic and resourceful Education Manager to oversee the
operation of the daycare and extracurricular programs for
school-age children. The Education Manager manages the day-to-day
operations of the classrooms to ensure that quality standards and
guidelines are met, and that children have a fun and enriching
experience. The Education Coordinator has overall accountability
for the growth, quality and success of the program operation, its
students, and a staff of 4. Must be a positive role model, a
fun-loving educator and care-taker, and a natural leader with
excellent communication skills.ABOUT HOMES FOR THE HOMELESS,
Homes for the Homeless, Inc. (HFH) is a non-profit social services
organization operating family shelters throughout NYC that serve as
a hub of opportunity for families both residing in shelter as well
as those in the neighboring community. On-site programs range from
childcare, early childhood education centers, afterschool clubs and
programs, and youth recreation activities, such as sports teams, to
housing assistance, case management, parenting workshops, career
and job vocational training, support groups and substance abuse
assistance, and family engagement and recreation events for the
whole family. We invite you to visit our website, www.hfhnyc.org,
to learn more about our facilities and
- Ensure that the program maintains an emotionally and physically
safe environment for youth that meets all compliance and safety
requirements set forth by the organization, funders, and applicable
- Develop a combination of program activities to provide academic
tutoring and support, sports, fitness and wellness activities, and
- Organize special events, including showcases that highlight
student achievement and culturally enriching field trips.
- Implement innovative and age-appropriate curricula, enrichment
activities, and theme-based projects.
- Liaise with the Department of Education and the Department of
- Develop and manage relationships with local schools and
- Support the hiring, supervision, and evaluation of staff.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in related fields (education,
psychology, social work, recreation or physical education).
- Supervisory experience.
- Teaching or afterschool management experience preferred.
- Must pass pre-employment background investigation including but
not limited to fingerprinting, employment history, and criminal
- Experience working with low-income and at-risk youth.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Knowledge and ability to utilize computer and related
- Ability to resolve conflicts and negotiate solutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with program staff and community partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and
interpersonal skills required.
COMPENSATION/EEO:In order to attract and retain a high-performance
workforce, Homes for the Homeless offers a dynamic and rewarding
work environment, with a focus on ensuring an appropriate work-life
balance. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide excellent
benefits including comprehensive health insurance (including
medical, dental, and vision), an employer-funded 403(b) retirement
plan, commuter benefits, life insurance, Work/Life Assistance
Program, 3 weeks paid vacation, and ample personal and sick
Homes for the Homeless is committed to promoting an inclusive
organizational environment of dignity and respect. We are an Equal
Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment, and
prohibit any form of discrimination or harassment based on age,
race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation,
veteran or military status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth
and related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity
and gender expression), disability, predisposing genetic
characteristics, marital status, arrest or conviction, domestic
violence victim status, familial status, or any other basis that
would be in violation of any applicable federal, state, or local
Keywords: HOMES FOR THE HOMELESS, INC, New Rochelle , Education Manager- North Bronx, Education / Teaching , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!