Special Education Teacher
Posted on: January 23, 2023
We are hiring in Bronx, NY! Join us at Easterseals NY- Bronx
Child Development Center for an exciting career as a Special
Education Teacher.MUST be vaccinated against COVID-19. Required to
provide documentation during the Onboarding process.Mission:
Easterseals New York's mission is to spread help, hope and answers-
http://www.easterseals.com/newyork/our-programs/.Easterseals is a
standard-bearer for creating equity and access for people with
disabilities and other barriers to long term self-sufficiency. For
100 years, Easterseals has been an indispensable resource for
people and families living with disabilities. Throughout all life's
moments -- from the extraordinary to the ordinary and everything in
between - Easterseals is here to help people and families realize
and reach for their full potential.Job Title: Special Education
TeacherLocation: Bronx, NYFLSA Status: ExemptPosition Type: Full
TimeSalary Range: $40,000-70,000 (depending on credentials and
experience)Position Summary:Easterseals-Bronx Child Development
Center is seeking a Special Education Teacher for their preschool
program for children with special needs. Design and implement
classroom program under the guidance of the School Administrator
and/or designated staff.Essential Job Functions:
- Design a classroom environment that is both motivating and
stimulating for students.
- Provide a daily, written lesson plan in appropriate book form.
Store book accessibly at the school should the teacher be
- Maintain periodic progress scales for each pupil and attend
case conferences on each student at appropriate intervals during
the school year.
- Implement behavioral system, as approved by treatment team and
- Assure that accurate attendance records are maintained and are
to be submitted appropriately prior to the completion of the school
- Submit monthly reports to appropriate parties.
- Attend school-specific and Agency-related staff and/or parent
meetings as required.
- Assure that all students are supervised at all times by a
responsible individual who is a paid employee of the agency.
- Attend annual orientation for staff, prior to school
- Develop a working relationship with the assigned professionals,
as well as the coordinator of therapeutic classroom
- Collaborate with the Treatment Team regarding treatment of the
children and diagnostic information.
- Participate in meetings and workshops that would serve as
community orientation regarding Easter Seals.
- Help organize and supervise extra-curricular activities.
- Supervise aides assigned to classroom.Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited college or university.
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience.
- Meet minimum requirements of the appropriate State Board of
- Birth - 2nd certification / Students with
disabilities.QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job.Equal Opportunity Employer#EASTERSEALSNY
Keywords: Fedcap, New Rochelle , Special Education Teacher, Education / Teaching , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!