K-12 ELL Teacher
Company: Nuasin Next Generation Charter School
Posted on: January 28, 2023
At Nuasin Next Generation, we believe in the unlimited talent
and intellectual potential of our scholars and our community. We
cultivate this talent and intellectual potential through a
progressive education that focuses on deep exploration, thoughtful
questioning, relentless curiosity and critical thinking. Nuasin
Next Generation Charter School implements a progressive K-12
educational program and an unyielding commitment to cultivating our
scholars' innate intellectual talents to empower our graduates to
achieve excellence in their postsecondary paths and make positive
impacts on the broader community. Every single one of our scholars
has the potential to be great and change the world, at Nuasin Next
Generation we prepare our scholars for that opportunity.
Nuasin Next Generation Charter School is in search of motivated,
mission-aligned individuals that want to join us in providing the
scholars and families of the Highbridge section of the Bronx with
the truly excellent school they need and deserve. We are looking
for educators that believe in the talent and intellectual
capabilities of our scholars. We are looking for educators that are
excited to engage and ignite our scholars in deep intellectual
engagement of great ideas, problem-solving activities, and a
complex understanding of our academic content. Nuasin is a school
and community that cares about your why and expects you to bring
passion, commitment, and respect to our scholars on a daily basis.
Below is a description of the teaching positions that are currently
available. Please reply to this email or contact us if Nuasin is
the right place for you.
The anticipated salary range is $65,000.00 to $100,000.00 for a
candidate who will work in New York City. The salary offered to a
successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may
include but are not limited to years of experience to the job,
education, and certifications.
A ELL Teacher at Nuasin Next Generation Charter School
- Serve as a resource to classroom teachers to help ELL scholars
achieve academically in the classroom.
- Use language teaching strategies to increase English
proficiency for scholars who speak a language other than English at
- Advocate for the needs of the ELL scholars.
- Evaluate the language needs of scholars whose families speak a
language other than English at home and recommend appropriate
- Administer a language screener to scholars for whom a language
barrier is impeding their academic success.
- Maintain accurate ELL cumulative files and communicate changes
to scholar Services.
- Participate in ongoing professional development including ELL
- Administer the NYSESLAT for all ELLs scholars.
- Keep track of scholars' performance.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver lesson plans and instructional
materials that facilitate active learning.
- Develop workflows, effective lesson plans, and tests that are
in accordance with established procedures.
- Instruct and monitor scholars in the use of learning materials
- Build a classroom culture that is characterized by high
academic and behavioral expectations, prioritizing a safe and
caring environment for our scholars to learn and grow in. but is
also warm and welcoming.
- Utilize restorative practices to build strong and meaningful
relationships with scholars, families, and staff.
- Effectively intellectually prepare for all units, lessons, and
assessments by effectively using materials provided and making them
- Engage scholars intellectually by maintaining high levels of
rigor, intellectual curiosity, high quality discussions, and joy
- Use formal and informal assessment data to drive instruction,
ensure mastery, and pivot when needed.
- Actively participate in grade level meetings, content team
meetings, collaborative planning, data analysis and action
- Innovate, challenge, and push excellence with your scholars at
- Be an active leader and participate in daily advisories,
homerooms, and culture blocks.
- Proactively communicate with families using effective
- Participate in professional development from leaders and peers
that pushes constant reflection, adjustment to the plan, and
- Take ownership of academic and social progress of scholars, and
work actively to ensure constant progress and overcome
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting
conferences with parents, scholars, principals, and teachers.
- Participates in a variety of meetings (e.g. grade level, school
site, district, professional growth, etc. ) for the purpose of
conveying and/or gathering information required to perform
- Meet with parents or guardians, other teachers, counselors, and
administrators in order to discuss scholar's language needs and
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children's
progress, and to determine their priorities for their children and
their resource needs.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting
conferences with parents, scholars, school leadership and
- Actively participate in a variety of meetings (e.g. grade
level, data, coaching, professional growth, etc. ) for the purpose
of driving scholar achievement.
- Advises parents or legal guardians of scholar progress such as
scholar's achievements; developing methods for improvement and/or
reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Coach, manage, and develop teachers to exceptional scholar
- Coach and develop teachers to establish the foundations for
successful classrooms: rigorous assessments, strong relationships,
and positive classroom cultures.
- Observe teachers weekly to gather data on scholar learning and
teacher proficiency to diagnose teachers' strengths and weaknesses
constantly and determine strategies for improving their practice
and improving scholar learning.
- Coach a portfolio of teachers, take leadership of a particular
subject or grade level, and facilitate high-impact professional
development for staff.
- Coordinate and manage creative, inspiring professional
development sessions in line with school goals and priorities.
- Direct the interim assessment process to ensure teachers are
using current data to drive instruction; facilitate regular,
meaningful interim assessment data debriefs with teachers.
- Lead team and schoolwide professional development on areas as
defined by the strategic plan and other data points.
- Co-teach, model and provide exemplars for amazing
We invite you to Apply if you:
- If you love kids
- At least a Bachelor's Degree
- Believe in our approach to education of Rigor, Self-Advocacy
- Hold exceptionally high standards for academic rigor
- Have progressive mindset and alignment with education reform
- Have a record of exceptional scholar achievement and results
- Possess the agility to adapt in an ever-changing
Keywords: Nuasin Next Generation Charter School, New Rochelle , K-12 ELL Teacher, Education / Teaching , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!