Sr. Director, Machine Learning Engineering
Company: Capital One
Posted on: January 16, 2022
11 West 19th Street (22008), United States of America, New York,
New YorkSr. Director, Machine Learning EngineeringAs a Capital One
Machine Learning Engineer, you'll be providing technical leadership
to Agile teams dedicated to productionizing machine learning
applications and systems at scale. Youll participate in the
detailed technical design, development, and implementation of
machine learning applications using existing and emerging
technology platforms. Working within an Agile environment, youll
serve as a technical domain expert in machine learning, guiding
machine learning architectural design decisions, developing and
reviewing model and application code, and ensuring high
availability and performance of our machine learning applications.
You'll have the opportunity to continuously learn and apply the
latest innovations and best practices in machine learning
engineering. Youll also mentor other engineers and further develop
your technical knowledge and skills to keep Capital One at the
cutting edge of technology.What youll do in the role:
- Deliver ML models and software components that solve
challenging business problems in the financial services industry,
working in collaboration with the Product, Architecture,
- Engineering, and Data Science teams.
- Drive the creation and evolution of ML models and software that
enable state-of-the-art intelligent systems.
- Lead large-scale ML initiatives with the customer in mind.
- Leverage cloud-based architectures and technologies to deliver
optimized ML models at scale.
- Optimize data pipelines to feed ML models.
- Use programming languages like Python, Scala, or Java.
- Promote best practices in all aspects of the engineering and
- Recruit, nurture, and retain top engineering talent.Basic
- Bachelors degree.
- At least 10 years of experience designing and building
data-intensive solutions using distributed computing.
- At least 6 years of experience programming with Python, Scala,
- At least 5 years of people management experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in leading software engineering
- At least 4 years of experience with the full ML development
lifecycle using modern technology in a business critical
- Master's or doctoral degree in computer science, electrical
engineering, mathematics, or a similar field.
- 3+ years of experience building production-ready data pipelines
that feed ML models.
- 8+ years of experience within a large/data-intensive multi-line
- Expertise designing, implementing, and scaling complex
production-ready data pipelines for ML models.
- Experience partnering with technology peers responsible for
data architecture and distributed computing
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to a
variety of audiences.
- Highly developed interpersonal, presentation, and
- ML industry impact through conference presentations, papers,
blog posts, open source contributions, or patents.
- Ability to attract and develop high-performing software
engineers with an inspiring leadership style.At this time, Capital
One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization
for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal
Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the
workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national
origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic
information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected
veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable
national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a
drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment
qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal
background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article
23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California
Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York Citys Fair
Chance Act; Philadelphias Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and
other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations
regarding criminal background inquiries.If you have visited our
website in search of information on employment opportunities or to
apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please
contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide
will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent
required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.For technical
support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please
send an email to Careers@capitalone.comCapital One does not
provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party
products, services, educational tools or other information
available through this site.Capital One Financial is made up of
several different entities. Please note that any position posted in
Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United
Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the
Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp.
Keywords: Capital One, New Rochelle , Sr. Director, Machine Learning Engineering, Engineering , Westbury, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!