Posted on: January 25, 2023
Overview:Transdev is seeking Mechanic A for their facility in
Rockland County, NY. Starting salary $40.00/hr
Why Work with Us?
- Starting salary $40.00/hour!
- Paid training!
- Paid health benefits!
- Paid time off!
- Holiday pay!
- Flexible work schedules!
- Annual increases!
- State-of-the-art work facility!
- Tuition reimbursement!
- Career advancement opportunities!
- Being appreciated as a valuable member of a great
- Performs transit vehicle maintenance that are compliant with
- Inspects, diagnoses, services and/or repairs all assigned
transit vehicles and related mechanical equipment
- Ensures accurate upgrades and/or modifications on coach
systems, road calls, and on-the-road repairs as needed
- Coaches and monitors team members on the work team
- Other duties as requiredQualifications:
- Must have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Maintenance experience with all types of heavy duty transit
- For Diesel Mechanic A level: 5+ years
- Commercial Driving License with passenger and airbrake
endorsements (We offer development opportunities for obtaining your
- Appropriate Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification
preferred, however, we offer bonuses to obtain your
- Excellent communication skills with ability to read, interpret
safety documents, blue prints, schematics and other mechanical
- Ability to pass a DOT physical examination, including a
background and a drug test
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate,
handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch
or crawl; and smell.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold and in a damp
environment with moderate noise.
- May be exposed to water, fumes, and chemicals.
For more information please visit our website at
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
Keywords: transdevna, New Rochelle , Mechanic A, Engineering , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!