Principle Structures Engineer
Company: Atlas Air, Inc
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Overview:The Sr. Structures Engineer reports to the Director,
Structures Engineering and is responsible for the engineering data,
instructions, documents, and technical support that economically
ensures the safety, airworthiness, and reliability of Atlas Air
aircraft within the following ATA chapter subjects: 25, 27
(structural aspects), 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 71 (structural
aspects), and 78 (structural aspects).Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance to Structures Engineering staff.
- Issue instructions and documents to economically support
operations and return aircraft to service in a safe, airworthy, and
- Develop plans, instructions, and documents to comply with FARs,
ADs, and NPRMs and to resolve non-mandatory in-service issues.
- Participate in industry working groups, industry steering
committees, industry meetings, and conferences.
- Support integration of new and previously operated
- Liaise with manufacturers; maintenance representatives, repair
& overhaul (MRO) facilities; outside engineering departments;
regulatory personnel; and other outside agencies.
- Review work of consultant, contract, and MRO Structures
- Evaluate Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs), Notices of
Proposed Rulemaking (NPRMs), Airworthiness Directives (ADs),
Service Bulletins (SBs), Service Letters (SLs), and other
notifications of in-service issues.
- Develop and/or obtain approved data, acceptable data, and
Alternate Methods of Compliance (AMOCs) for repairs, alterations,
- CPCP (Corrosion Protection Control Program): Evaluate reported
Level 2 and Level 3 corrosion findings, develop corrective action
plans, and submits plan in accordance with regulatory
- Evaluate discrepancies that require mandatory reporting to the
FAA, and submit these reports to the FAA in accordance with
- Develop product improvement modifications as dictated by
- Work with original equipment manufacturers on emerging issues
to help ensure safety and airworthiness, but also minimize the
- Organize, develop and provide all necessary Structures
Engineering documentation required to complete aircraft structures
modifications and repairs within the allocated time schedule and
- Provide technical support to Technical Operations, Ground
Operations, Flight Operations, and other Atlas Air Worldwide
- Provide 24/7 technical support in cooperation with other
- Implement the Repair Assessment Program (RAP).
- Implement programs to comply with new FARs on Repairs,
Alterations, and Modifications (RAMs) and other Aging Aircraft
programs such as Widespread Fatigue Damage (WFD).
- Initiate maintenance program changes and changes to maintenance
- 5+ years Aircraft Structural Engineering experience
- S. Engineering/Technical Engineering Degree
- Meets deadlines
- Remembers & follows instructions
- Meets daily attendance & punctuality standard
- Work is thorough
- Produces accurate, dependable work
- Output is consistent
- Complete attention to detail
- Volume of work produced meets expectations
- Commitment to task
- Ability and flexibility to travel domestically and
Salary Range: $123,700-$167,400
Financial offer within the stated range is contingent on the
qualification of selected candidates
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to
afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age,
disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other
characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with
federal, state and local laws.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an
applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the
Law document at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay
Keywords: Atlas Air, Inc, New Rochelle , Principle Structures Engineer, Engineering , Purchase, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...