Company: Yusen Logistics
Location: New Rochelle
Posted on: November 18, 2021
The Import Manager directs and manages the activities of the import
department within a Branch, ensuring all import activities; both
transportation and CHB related are in compliance with regulatory
Responsibilities Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish, oversee and continuously improve the branch import
process flows in conformance with applicable rules, procedures and
- Develop internal SOP's and maintain KPI's for the efficient
management of inbound freight including timely recover and hand
over to brokers.
- Work with the sales department to develop customer-specific
import handling procedures for all customers but specifically with
the on boarding of new customers.
- Ensure accurate documentation is created and data is
transmitted to appropriate governmental agencies for all import
activities. Provide timely responses to customs, customer and
internal requests /notices, regarding classification, duty rates,
documentation requirements, or other import regulations. Represents
customers to CBP as needed.
- Maintain current information and ensures compliance with CBP
regulations and other government agency regulations. Ensure such
knowledge is factored into the departmental processes and employees
are trained in import compliance and regulatory requirements and
- Organize, update and disseminate all client data including rate
agreements, Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) classification, POA,
IRS, Customs Bond data, etc. to all required BPM for update in
proprietary systems (YUNAS).
- With input from Asst. Branch Manager, Imports/ Branch Manager,
review and enhance customer account profitability and timeliness
and accuracy of all billings.
- Arrange for transportation, warehousing or distribution of
imported products based on transit times and optimum profit
opportunity. Negotiate contracts/rates with delivery agents.
- Monthly reporting to management
- Training Staff-Onboarding new employees
- Entry Audits
- A/R collections- Support as needed
CUSTOMS BROKERAGE RESPONSIBILITIES:
In some locations the Import Manager manages the customs brokerage
activities and functions as the broker of record for all custom
brokerage functions and is:
- R esponsible to US Customs as the Licensed Broker for Yusen
- Interface with government agencies and maintains positive
- Maintain customer bond and power of attorney files.
- Perform post entry functions - including applying for tariff
concessions , refunds, duty drawbacks, credits, resolving all
issues involving customs and other government agency
- Responsible to manage the audit program in the Branch and
ensure compliance is continually maintained:
- Conduct audits and assess import compliance on every file where
CHB services are provided
- Ensures JSOX compliance
Responsible for supervising Import Supervisors. Carries out
supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's
policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include
interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning,
and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and
disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
Qualifications Education and Experience:
- Associates degree is required. College Degree is
- A minimum of five years of experience in handling Imports is
required. Included in this experience is:
- Three or more years of supervisory experience.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be
Customs Broker License requirements:
NOTE: A Customs Broker's license is required in small and medium
sized branches where the Import Manager is directly responsible for
CHB functions. A broker's license is preferred but not required in
the larger branches where the Import Manager is indirectly
responsible for the CHB functions A N D a licensed broker is
employed and has direct responsibility for CHB functions.
Essential Job Functions
- Must possess excellent customer service skills with the ability
to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of
- Must have strong organizational and time management
- Management: The ability to organize and manage multiple
- Ability to manage own profit center and report on revenue
generation, profit and loss.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month
following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death &
Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition
Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility
requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective
policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is working to become the world's preferred supply
chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge
better connections between businesses, customers and communities -
through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding,
warehousing and distribution services. As a company we're dedicated
to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works
with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the
world's preferred choice.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and
is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing
equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to
race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status,
uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender
orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in
accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Yusen Logistics, New Rochelle , Import Manager, Executive , New Rochelle, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!