Fleet Service Operations Manager
Company: First Vehicle Services
Posted on: November 19, 2021
First things First: Who are we? First Vehicle Services is a leading
provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance services in
North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has been
providing efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and
maintenance services at governments, school districts,
petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities,
and private organizations throughout the United States. As a Fleet
Service Operations Manager at First, you'll direct and supervisor
the shop floor, monitoring overall work performance and ensuring
employees observe work rules and safety practices in our shop
servicing NY Parks & Recreation's fleet. Other job duties as Fleet
Service Operations Manager will include:
- Supervise maintenance staff and assist with staffing
- Provide technical management of fleet maintenance and support
activities including planning, monitoring, and analyzing
- Schedule fleet maintenance
- Ensure the most effective allocation of shop resources.
- Ensures proper information flow of work order data.
- Prepare reports and summaries for the General Manager and the
- Serve as the General Manager's replacement in his/her absence.
Qualifications for a Fleet Service Operations Manager:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 4+ years of management or supervisory experience in
fleet maintenance or vehicle service center.
- Advanced technical knowledge of vehicle repairs and
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated abilities to build and continuously motivate
highly effective teams. First for a Reason Shift: Monday through
Friday day shift (occasional Saturdays may be needed) Benefits
- We offer competitive pay and benefits (which vary based on
role, location, and business), including physical and mental health
initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid
holiday/vacation. Professional Advancement
- Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within which
means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong
presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring
Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Student or First
Transit. Extensive Training
- Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and
security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job
efficiency. Diversity & Inclusion
- Because we're stronger together, we aspire to have a culture
where all people are First. We're committed to providing an
inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Community Service & Impact
- Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the
heart of everything we do. As the face of First Student, First
Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you'll have a
positive impact on others. Apply today and get your career on the
road with First Vehicle Services! We aspire to have a culture where
all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse
workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
Keywords: First Vehicle Services, New Rochelle , Fleet Service Operations Manager, Executive , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!