Senior Manager, Machine Learning Engineering
Company: Capital One
Location: Old Bethpage
Posted on: January 15, 2022
11 West 19th Street (22008), United States of America, New York,
New YorkSenior Manager, Machine Learning Engineering As a Capital
One Senior Manager of Machine Learning Engineering, you'll manage
an Agile team dedicated to developing, optimizing, delivering, and
improving machine learning applications and systems. Youll
participate in the detailed technical design, development, and
implementation of machine learning applications using existing and
emerging technology platforms. Working within an Agile environment,
youll serve as a technical lead, guiding machine learning
architectural design decisions, developing and reviewing model and
application code, and ensuring high availability and performance of
our machine learning applications. You'll have the opportunity to
continuously learn and apply the latest innovations and best
practices in machine learning engineering. Youll mentor other
engineers and develop your technical knowledge and skills to keep
Capital One at the cutting edge of technology. We are seeking
Software Engineers who are passionate about marrying data with
emerging technologies to join our team. As a Capital One Software
Engineer, youll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of
driving a major transformation within Capital One. Learn more about
#lifeatcapitalone and our commitment to diversity & inclusion by
jumping to slides 76-91 on our Corporate Social Responsibility
Report. This requisition is an advertisement for multiple
opportunities within our Tech organization. By applying to this
particular role, you'll also be considered for other roles within
Capital One's Engineering Organization.What youll do in the
- Manage a team of engineers with deep experience in machine
learning and distributed systems.
- Lead a portfolio of diverse machine learning projects.
- Deliver ML software models and components that solve real-world
business problems, while working in collaboration with our Product
and Data Science teams.
- Solve complex problems by writing and testing application code,
developing and validating ML models, and automating tests and
- Collaborate as part of a cross-functional Agile team to create
and enhance software that enables state-of-the-art, next generation
big data and machine learning applications.
- Leverage cloud-based architectures and technologies to deliver
optimized ML models at scale.
- Construct optimized data pipelines to feed ML models.
- Use programming languages like Python, Scala, or Java.
- Leverage Continuous Integration and continuous deployment best
practices, including test automation and monitoring, to ensure
successful deployments of ML models and application code.
- Advocate for software and machine learning engineering best
- Function as the engineering tech lead for large-scale
- Attract, recruit, and support diverse ML engineering
- Mentor junior ML engineering talent. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelors degree.
- At least 8 years of experience designing and building
data-intensive solutions using distributed computing.
- At least 4 years of experience programming with Python, Scala,
- At least 3 years of experience building, scaling, and
optimizing ML systems.
- At least 2 years of experience with the full ML development
lifecycle using modern technology in a business critical
- At least 2 years of experience leading teams developing ML
- At least 3 years of people management experience. Preferred
- Master's or doctoral degree in computer science, electrical
engineering, mathematics, or a similar field.
- 4+ years of on-the-job experience with an industry recognized
ML framework such as scikit-learn, PyTorch, Dask, Spark, or
- 3+ years of experience developing performant, resilient, and
- 3+ years of experience with data gathering and preparation for
- Experience developing and deploying ML solutions in a public
cloud such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
- ML industry impact through conference presentations, papers,
blog posts, open source contributions, or patents.
- 3+ years of experience building production-ready data pipelines
that feed ML models.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to a
variety of audiences. At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a
new applicant for employment authorization for this position. No
agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer
committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion,
physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment,
citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or
any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state
or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital
One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a
criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including,
to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction
Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections
4901-4920; New York Citys Fair Chance Act; Philadelphias Fair
Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal,
state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background
inquiries.If you have visited our website in search of information
on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you
require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at
1-800-304-9102 or via email at
RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide
will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent
required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.For technical
support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please
send an email to Careers@capitalone.comCapital One does not
provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party
products, services, educational tools or other information
available through this site.Capital One Financial is made up of
several different entities. Please note that any position posted in
Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United
Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the
Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp.
Keywords: Capital One, New Rochelle , Senior Manager, Machine Learning Engineering, Executive , Old Bethpage, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!