Manager, Learning & Development - Deloitte Leadership Academy
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Manager, Learning and Development
The chief purpose of the Learning & Development team (L&D) is
to bring out the best of every person and the best of every team,
so that we can deliver the best of our Firm to our clients. Focus
- Bringing out the leader in every person
- A holistic approach to development that emphasizes not just
education, but also self-awareness, exposure to real-world
problems, and connections to people
- Positioning our people to help tackle some of the most complex
issues in business, our communities and society at large.
Work you'll do
The Life Sciences & Health Care Industry Development Leader is part
of the Industry Development L&D team and is accountable for
building the foundational and advanced industry skills and
knowledge our practitioners need to distinguish themselves in the
marketplace ad to meet the strategic objectives and growth plans of
the firm across all four businesses (Audit, Advisory, Consulting
and Tax). Specifically, the role includes support for both the Life
Sciences & Health Care sectors. Responsibilities include:
- Create a robust portfolio of curricula that brings the talent
development vision (Education, Experience and Exposure) and the
business' strategy to life for your client areas.
- Own, optimize, and manage your portfolio's operations,
including demand analysis, budgeting, resources, faculty strategy,
delivery management, communications, evaluation, reporting, content
evolution, deployment technologies, and vendor relationships.
- Serve as a strategic leader as a member of the industry's and
sectors' Enabling Areas team to translate the industry's Shared
Agenda and the sectors' strategies into development experiences and
- Build, manage and leverage relationships with talent and
business stakeholders as well as vendors.
- Conduct needs assessments with stakeholders and industry
professionals, determine gaps in curriculum/programs, and create /
manage curriculum strategy for industry / sectors
- Manage resources and budgets to ensure the effective delivery
of curriculum, programs, and processes.
- Evolve and expand the curriculum, leveraging best practices and
future-focused innovations to:
- Buy, build, and/or redesign solutions as needed.
- Recommend appropriate delivery mechanisms to meet the learning
objectives and in alignment with firm COVID-19 guidance (e.g.,
classroom, on demand, virtual classroom, performance support,
- Develop the vision, strategy, and implementation plan to drive
learning beyond the classroom, employing emerging technologies and
creative design ideas to make learning "sticky".
- Oversee the analysis of learner feedback and other data to
promote continuous improvement of development solutions,
consistently moving development to the next level.
- Execute with strong project management skills, including
monitoring work-plans and managing against milestones, knowing what
to prioritize and why, knowing who to keep informed, why, and how
often, and knowing when to escalate.
- Lead with excellence and foster a high-performing team in
virtual environments; develop your direct report through advocacy,
coaching, mentoring and training.
- Support Industry Development and Deloitte Leadership Academy
initiatives and programs that align with one's sense of purpose,
strengths and as needed.
- Ensure national policies, programs and guidelines are followed
and manage exceptions and escalations.
- Actively partner with Global and India (USI) Learning teammates
and across the L&D team to leverage our US firm learning assets
for global use, and provide leading-edge development for the modern
- Contribute to additional Talent and Firm initiatives aligned
with individual strengths and goals as opportunities present.
The L&D team delivers business-focused, efficient and
innovative learning and development programs and experiences,
thoughtfully designed to help our professionals best serve at every
stage of their career. Through the work of this team, learning &
development at Deloitte is not just about education - it is a vital
part of Deloitte's leadership culture.
- Bachelor's Degree; Minimum 10 years of related experience
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, professional
- Sound leadership skills
- Strong strategic and critical thinking to identify
interdependencies between issues, data, and outcomes; clear
understanding of how moving pieces come together to build the big
- Established track record for taking a consultative approach to
designing and delivering innovative learning programs with
measurable business results that meet stakeholder needs
- Go-to resource for adult learning theories, leading-edge
instructional design methods, performance consulting,
communications and change management
- Significant program management experience in successfully
planning, managing and delivering multiple, concurrent, and complex
work streams in a matrixed organization with aggressive
- Outstanding interpersonal skills that build relationships at
all levels across the organization with the ability to influence,
collaborate, and build consensus
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify and present
data-driven insights and trends.
- Proven ability to communicate ideas and insights in person,
virtually, and in writing, succinctly and with impact,
understanding what is relevant vs. what is "noise" to the
- Strong command of Microsoft Office skills and ability to
produce deliverables that carry a "stamp of excellence."
- In Excel, aggregate data, complete complex analysis, and
display results visually
- In PowerPoint, translate data into insights and tell a
logically structured, succinct, and compelling story tailored to
your audience; make clear and easily actionable asks
- In Word, create clear, concise, professional written
communications with a user-friendly layout that's conducive to
- Travel up to 20% (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the
role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended
until further notice.)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the
- MBA or other advanced degree in training and development, human
resources development, education, organizational psychology, or
- Talent or L&D experience in the Health Care or Life Science
sectors with the ability to be conversant with Life Sciences &
Health Care industry stakeholders about trends, issues and the
- Prior consulting or professional services experience
Keywords: Deloitte, New Rochelle , Manager, Learning & Development - Deloitte Leadership Academy, Executive , Jericho, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!