Administrative Nursing Manager (Bronx, NY, Us)
Posted on: June 21, 2022
The Administrative Nurse Manager is responsible for the daily
operations of ICCU Telemetry at the Einstein campus. The
Administrative Nurse Manager maintains standards of the practice
for nursing as defined by the American Nurses Association Code of
Ethics, Nursing Scope and Standards of Practice and Nursing's
Social Policy Statement. The Administrative Nurse Manager
actualizes the vision, mission, values, and balanced scorecard
performance measures for the Medical Center. The Administrative
Nurse Manager participates in performance improvement/research
activities; maintains professional practice standards and clinical
expertise; and demonstrates leadership skills. The Administrative
Nurse Manager demonstrates core and unit specific competencies
based on the patient population served.
* Directly manages day-to-day operations of the Einstein ICCU
Telemetry, including management of RNs, LPNs, Nursing Assistants,
and other support staff.
* Accountable for ensuring clinical support coverage and training
across common areas of coverage for RNs and PAs to ensure staffing
and service standards for IP and ED coverage.
* Works with campus leadership to meet the goals of the hospital in
supporting the Emergency Department and Inpatient services.
* Works with the Director of Finance to oversee financial
performance of Nursing, including development of the budget, supply
chain initiatives, and personnel expenses.
* In Partnership with the Medical Director of Quality and Safety,
Manager of QI/QC, and hospital leadership, ensures compliance with
current Joint Commission (TJC) standards.
* Facilitates learning needs of self and staff by providing
opportunities for staff development to gain skills necessary to
provide care to patients and to ensure competency and current
knowledge in the profession.
* Leads and collaborates on specific projects as it relates to
operations and process improvement.
* Standardizes operating procedures and effectively troubleshoots
and resolves issues as they arise. Works with the Manager for
Quality and Safety to maintain existing policies and identify new
policies. Ensures management and staff have knowledge of existing
policies and communicates inter and intradepartmental policy and
procedure changes to management and staff.
* Ensures that adequate written safety procedures, work
instructions, emergency procedures, and operating instructions are
issued to all nursing staff.
* Ensures all clinical licenses and other documentation are
maintained and that the Department meets the guidelines for ACR,
NYS DOH and Joint Commission.
* Develops a collaborative relationship with key stakeholders,
including other departments and physicians to obtain feedback,
support, and promote the department's operational and strategic
goals, and maintain the highest standards of quality care, patient
safety, and customer service.
* Education Preferred Level: Master's Degree
* Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
* Critical Care Certification preferred
* Previous nursing leadership/management experience
* Length of Work Experience Required: 3- 5 years critical care
* Licenses, Registrations and/or Professional Certifications
required to qualify for this position.
* Evidence of experience in clinical quality and patient experience
* Licensed NYS Registered Nurse
* Experience Managing in a unionized environment
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED including, if applicable,
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Power
* Excellent communication and critical thinking skills
* The ability to work with people at different levels of
understanding and to motivate them to change/focus to ensure
* The ability to work effectively with cross functional groups and
participate in problem solving processes
Strong initiative to learn, teach, and to be a self-motivated
Department: Telemetry Bargaining Unit: Non Union Campus: EINSTEIN
Employment Status: Regular Full-Time Address: 1825 Eastchester
Shift: Day Scheduled Hours: 7 AM-3:30 PM Req ID: 191254
Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore
will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge
associates in all job classifications without regard to their race,
color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship
status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military
status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Montefiore, New Rochelle , Administrative Nursing Manager (Bronx, NY, Us), Executive , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!