Purchasing & Vendor Relations Manager
Company: Renu Contracting & Restoration
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Purchasing & Vendor Relations Manager:
RENU Milburn (RM) is a third-generation operation founded in 1959
originally as a retail and commercial flooring business. Throughout
60 years, business has diversified and transformed as we cultivated
a leading and innovative full-service General Contracting,
Restoration and Construction Management firm, RENU Contracting
Restoration. Servicing clients throughout the Long Island, New York
tri-state region our dedication to our customers is the foundation
of what allowed these two companies to stand together as one.
The Purchasing & Vendor Relations Manager is responsible for
establishing and maintaining vendor relationships to empower the
organization to take appropriate measures for controlling cost. The
Manager will partner closely with the Procurement department and
other internal stakeholders to ensure that our supplier
relationships are being optimized across multiple facets.
- Build effective vendor relationships in support of strategic
and budgeted purchasing & material control goals.
- Oversee planning of material purchases/requirements and price
- Develop and nurture highly functioning relationships with
strategic partners/ Buyers at our suppliers.
- Demonstrate to the vendors how RMS can help them meet their
goals and increase their sales.
- Cross-sell RMS to the vendor so they'll be excited to work with
- Develop a successful relationship between RMS and our vendors
as a partnership
- Research and evaluate products and suppliers, performing value
analysis on costs and supplier quotes.
- Provide long-range forecast requirements to suppliers and
establish short-range priorities.
- Function as primary liaison for suppliers and internal
- Work with suppliers to explore opportunities for mutual growth
and performance improvement.
- Source and identify vendors that best fits project
requirements. Pre-qualifying vendors and documenting their
- Serve as subject matter expert and advocating the best
interests for the organization.
- Analyze financial aspects of the proposals to determine the
best value for the company. Manage returns, rebates, discounts, and
terms with key vendors.
- Research rebate claim rejections and work to ensure they do not
happen in the future. Also work with vendor to keep rebate account
within company policy.
- Confirm or negotiate incentive programs such as rebates.
- Report trends in product issues/damages and suggest
- Obtain and manage lead times and update consistently.
Company Benefits include:
401k/Safe-Harbor/Profit Sharing/Medical/Dental/Vision/Flex Spending
Accounts/Life Insurance and more.
Work for a construction company with a great environment, company
culture, and work/life balance.
Please provide an up-to-date resume outlining your experience for
the position and your salary requirements.
Candidates who meet our selection criteria will be contacted for
the next step in our hiring process. Thank you for your interest in
our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with
RENU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Renu Contracting & Restoration, New Rochelle , Purchasing & Vendor Relations Manager, Executive , Copiague, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!