Assistant Program Manager (Topping House)
Company: Salvation Army USA
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Responsible for coordination and implementation of in-house
programming, including assessments, goal planning, evaluation of
daily progress, monthly resident reviews, monitoring recreational
programs, seeking community resources, maintaining trip log for van
use. Making independent judgments using discretion for the benefit
if the individual. They will ensure the individuals receive the
highest standard of services required and their day-to-day needs
are met. They will ensure that all services are being followed as
written in the individual's plans. Assistant Program Manager must
be able to travel, have good writing skills, articulate and be an
aggressive advocate. Is able to function at a full capacity within
the duties outlined in the job description and requirement. The
agency has embraced the concept of a fully integrated system of
care for all individuals of service. This requires that all staff
assesses the individual's needs holistically and see it as their
responsibility to connect the individuals with services
needed-internal or external to the agency, regardless of which of
the individuals enters the system. Assess the needs of the whole
individuals/family including their basic needs such as food,
clothing, and shelter. Ensure that referrals are made to
appropriate internal and external services as required to meet the
individual's families' needs. Follow-up on referrals you make on
behalf of an individual's family and respond to all referrals made
to you/your program. Participate in cross-program service reviews
that support the planning and coordination of service delivery and
service closure and Other Duties as assigned.
* Responsible for organization of records and assuring records are
up to date.
* Participate in Interdisciplinary Team meetings/Staff
* In conjunction with Program Manager, create agenda for meeting,
plan standard items of agendas, such as committee reports,
announcements, and staff concerns.
* Collaborate with consultants, especially Psychologist on
* Follow through on recommendations for U.R. committee
* Attend U.R. meeting when delegated.
* Completes and maintain investigation certification as it relates
to incidents within the DDS
* Will ensure all safeguards of l life safety situations with
individuals are implemented and are being followed.
* Maintain and submit timely and accurate records and reports
regarding the health and safety of the individuals and the quality
of each program.
* Submit, update and close all incidents for the program.
* Maintain compliance with OPWDD and the Justice Center regarding
* Make records available for review for IPR & UR.
* Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic
characteristics of persons and population served.
* Prepares staff schedules of Program Specialists. Includes
responsibility for vacation, personal, and sick leaves as well as
maintaining coverage during any emergency periods of staff
* Ensures appropriate staffing pattern as per facility policy.
* Conducts scheduled supervisor meetings to discuss programmatic
and staffing issues.
* Evaluates individual work performance of all staff through
observations, and performance counseling in conjunction with the
* Ensure each individual, are being provided and/or assisted in
skill development in areas such as activities of daily living,
domestic living, recreation and socialization as needed.
* Assist Program Manager in devising and executing relevant
agency/program policy, in accordance with OPWDD and/or other
funding agency guidelines.
* Conducts frequent rounds on all shifts and submits report to
Program Manager, to ensure that safety and health requirements are
observed, that the physical environment is comfortable and
stimulating and that quality individual care and programming are
* Performs responsibilities of a medical assistant: Tracking
appointments, communicating with the CMS, Nurse, relevant doctors
and managers, Ensures accuracy of medication inventory, records and
orders refills when necessary, Track and follow up on medical
appointments to ensure individuals' good health, Complete medical
referral forms, Complete monthly medical book reviews.
* Ensures coordination by supervisors of all transportation
activities to assure maximum use of transportation services for day
programming, recreation services, medical, and special
* Ensure the transporting of the individuals to and from programs,
community inclusion activities, medical appointments, home visits
and all other activities as needed.
* Ensure Completion of Staff Information Entry Form when Escorting
the individuals on medical appointments.
* Ensures the timely receipt and ongoing availability of all
individuals needs (toilet items, clothing, and personal
* Prepares Day Program progress reports at ITT reviews as
* Distributes petty cash funds to the staff or collects petty cash
receipts and submits them to the Program Manager.
* Conducts monthly fire evacuation drills including all staff
members on all shifts.
* Participates in admission and discharge reviews and makes
recommendations to Program Manager.
* Develops monthly recreation schedule in consult with Program
* Implements and monitors in-house and community recreational
activities, providing hand-on assistance as needed.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Directs care as necessary.
* Attendance standards; 1:00 PM - 9:00 PM. Sunday thru Thursday,
and at the discretion of the Program Manager.
* The essential functions of the job include, but are not limited
to, the duties listed in the job description.
* Highschool Diploma with one (1) year experience in Human Services
(Social Work, Psychology, Special Ed., etc.) or related field
required, Associate's Degree preferred
* 1-year administrative experience.
* 2 years minimum experience working with individuals diagnosed
with intellectual disability (ID).
* Has respect and consideration for the resident being served.
* AMAP, SCIP-R and First Aid/CPR Certified
* A Valid Driver's License is required (Must be able to drive large
vehicle which consists of wheelchair or 15-seater van).
Keywords: Salvation Army USA, New Rochelle , Assistant Program Manager (Topping House), Executive , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!