US Banks Operational Risk Assistant Vice President - Issues and Actions Management
Company: Morgan Stanley
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Morgan Stanley is a leading global services firm providing a wide
range of investment banking, securities, investment management and
wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients
worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from
more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is
critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values
rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan
Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a
professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and
grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives
and needs is an important part of our culture.
This role is an Assistant Vice President position is within the US
Banks First Line Operational Risk team. This team is one of the
teams that comprise the Business Risk Management organization. The
Assistant Vice President will also work closely with Operational
Risk Managers in executing the risk and control functions for the
First Line of Defense for the U.S. Banks.
Perform and assist in executing core Operational Risk framework
responsibilities and supporting coverage across Business Units and
First Line Bank Support Functions.
* Primary responsibility would be to manage the execution of the
Issues and Action Plan (I&A) management framework for the US
Banks supporting the US Banks First Line Operational Risk team
including management of the daily review of new issues tagged to
Banks to determine impact/applicability and ensure appropriate
tagging in system of record.
* Support and management of I&A framework sustainability
inclusive of expanding the framework and enhancing existing
processes such as Long Dated Issues / Risk Acceptance monitoring,
implementation/delivery of training to Business Units and relevant
stakeholders, quality assurance, and data analytics.
* Participate in the enhancement of Self-Identified Issues program
and potential Known Limitations framework.
* Develop in-depth knowledge of the US Banks Institutional, Bank
and Lending products and forge deep relationships with Business
Unit partners, the Second Line of Defense Operational Risk
Department, and provide support of Operational Risk programs.
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business or other related field
* 5 years of relevant experience in operational risk management,
compliance or audit.
* Experience within the financial services industry, and
understanding of banking regulatory requirements, is a plus.
* Strong risk analysis - Ability to analyze a function, process, or
transaction, and identify the key risks and controls within it.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation
skills and the ability to influence and interact with senior
members of the Bank.
* Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite of products including
Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to freely develop networks, build consensus, prioritize
effectively, and develop alliances across organizations.
* Strong sense of ownership and accountability; is willing to be
fungible and has an entrepreneurial spirit-Ability to work in a
fast-paced environment, both independently and as part of a team,
and under tight deadlines.
Keywords: Morgan Stanley, New Rochelle , US Banks Operational Risk Assistant Vice President - Issues and Actions Management, Executive , Purchase, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!