Human Resources Manager
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The Human Resources Manager guides and manages the overall
provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs. The
position leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will
provide an employee-oriented; high-performance culture that
emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and standards; goal
attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of NAICA's
Development of the Human Resources Staff
* Oversees the implementation of Human Resources programs through
Human Resources staff. Identifies opportunities for improvement and
* Oversees and manages the work of reporting Human Resources staff.
Encourages the ongoing development of the Human Resources
* Conducts a continuing study of all Human Resources policies,
programs, and practices to keep management informed of new
* Leads the development of department goals, objectives, and
* Establishes HR departmental measurements that support the
accomplishment of the company's strategic goals.
* Manages the preparation and maintenance of such reports as are
necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepares
periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to
track strategic goal accomplishment.
Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
* Manages the development and maintenance of the Human Resources
Information System, particularly recruiting, culture, and employee
* Utilizes the HRIS system to eliminate administrative tasks,
empower employees, and meet the needs of the organization.
Training and Development
* Coordinates all Human Resources training programs, and assigns
the authority/responsibility of Human Resources and managers within
those programs. Provides necessary education and materials to
managers and employees including workshops, manuals, employee
handbooks, and standardized reports.
* Leads the implementation of the performance management system
that includes performance development plans (PDPs) and employee
* Collaborates with established in-house Training and Development
Team to address company training needs including training needs
assessment, new employee onboarding or orientation, management
development, and the measurement of training impact.
* Assists the Training and Development Manager with the selection
and contracting of external training programs.
* Establishes and leads the standard recruiting and hiring
practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior
* Recommends Human Resources policies and objectives for the
company on any topic associated with employee relations and
* Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies,
procedures, programs, and laws.
* Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary
to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote
a high level of employee morale and motivation. Conducts periodic
surveys to measure employee satisfaction and employee
* Coaches and trains managers in their communication, feedback,
recognition, and interaction responsibilities with the employees
who report to them. Makes certain that the managers know how to
successfully, ethically, honestly, and legally communicate with
* Conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are
* Monitors and advises managers and supervisors in the progressive
discipline system of the company. Monitors the implementation of a
performance improvement process with non-performing employees.
* Reviews, guides, and approves management recommendations for
* Leads the implementation of company safety and health
* With the assistance of the Executive Director of Human Resources,
obtains cost-effective, employee-serving benefits.
* Assists with the development of benefit orientations and other
benefits training for employees and their families.
* Recommends changes in benefits offered, especially new benefits
aimed at employee satisfaction and retention.
* Leads company compliance with all existing governmental and labor
legal and government reporting requirements including any related
to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans With
Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act, Employee
Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Department of Labor,
worker compensation, the Occupational Safety and Health
Administration (OSHA), and so forth. Maintains minimal company
exposure to lawsuits.
* Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance
with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and
regulations. Minimizes risk.
The Human Resources Manager assumes other responsibilities as
assigned by the Executive Director of Human Resources.
* Knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation,
organizational planning, recruitment, organization development,
employee relations, safety, employee engagement, and employee
* Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
* Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee
* Demonstrated ability to lead and develop HR department staff
* Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
Must include knowledge of Excel and skills in Human Resources
Information Systems (HRIS).
* General knowledge of various employment laws and practices and
experience working with a corporate employment law attorney.
* Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation
programs and other Human Resources recognition and engagement
programs and processes.
* Evidence of the ability to practice and coach organization
managers in the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
* Excellent organizational management skills.
Education and Experience:
Education and Experience Required for the Human Resources Manager
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources,
Business, or Organization Development.
* A minimum of seven years of progressive leadership experience in
Human Resources positions.
* Specialized training in employment law, compensation,
organizational planning, organization development, employee
relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations,
* SHRM-CP a plus.
* Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a
* Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
* Must be able to access and navigate each department at the
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $89,999.99 - $90,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
Covid19 Vaccination is required
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Bronx, NY 10452: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)
* Bachelor's (Required)
* Human Resources: 5 years (Required)
* Managing HR Professionals: 4 years (Preferred)
* Spanish (Preferred)
* SHRM Certified Professional Certificate (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: NAICA, New Rochelle , Human Resources Manager, Executive , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!