Manager of Supply Planning - Protein
Company: Baldor Specialty Foods
Posted on: November 26, 2022
As an industry leader in wholesale, retail, and residential food
distribution, Baldor Specialty Foods continues to grow and evolve
at a rapid pace across all departments. The Manager of Supply
Planning will manage a team of 6-10 supply planners within the
larger supply chain team and support supply chain strategies across
Baldor, bringing business context and analytical planning expertise
together. The supply planning team is responsible for planning
goods and material needs across the Baldor network, releasing
purchase orders, coordinating deployment, and managing inventories
of assigned categories to meet sales requirements while maintaining
optimized inventory levels. This position will partner with inbound
logistics, operations, merchandising, sales, and accounting,
amongst other teams.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities: *
- Lead team of 6-10 supply planners to develop and execute forward
- Coach and mentor supply planners to grow supply chain management,
product, and business-applicable knowledge and skill sets.
- Responsible for developing/executing safety stock strategies to
enable efficient inventory levels while supporting sale targets
with highest fill rate possible.
- Assist in network optimization and other upcoming larger supply
- Understand and analyze key forecast change drivers by working
directly with cross-functional teams and tracking larger market
- Perform root cause analysis, developing and presenting action
plans to mitigate any future risk.
- Resolve supply issues that arise from inbound transportation,
internal schedule changes, and vendor supply interruption.
- Responsible for reducing and tracking projected write offs and
supporting accounting for reconciliation for invoice
- Responsible for supporting supplier system connectivity through
collaborative tools/methods (EDI, web, ASN, vendor portal,
- Support overall Supplier QA and service score carding programs,
by working with quality assurance, merchandising, operations and
transportation to ensure performance metrics are visible to overall
organization and supply base.
- Influence suppliers to participate in and implement key supply
- BA / BS Degree required.
- Good foundation of supply chain planning principles required.
- APICS CPIM or CSCP certification preferred but not required.
- Experience within produce, specialty foods, or beverages
preferred but not required.
- Minimum 2 years' experience managing teams (with a minimum of 2
- Minimum combined of 4 years' experience in any of these areas:
Supply Planning, Supply Chain, Procurement, Buying, Demand
Planning, Logistics, and/or Materials Management.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in an ERP/MRP system (Dynamics365
is a plus).
- Minimum basic Excel skills required (v-lookups, pivot tables, and
- Experience with PowerBI and/or Tableau is preferred, but not
- Experience measuring and tracking against inventory management
- Past participation in SIOP (or S&OP or IBP) process and
capacity planning preferred but not required.
* Strong professional communication skills with an ability to
deliver complex information to a variety of audiences with
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving,
negotiation, and time/process management skills with attention to
* Demonstrates sound professional judgment and makes high quality
decisions within an environment that can have tight deadlines and
- Flexible outlook, high learning agility, and proven change
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $115,000.00 - $140,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Bronx, NY 10474: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)
* Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
* Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Baldor Specialty Foods, New Rochelle , Manager of Supply Planning - Protein, Executive , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!