Director of Social Services
Posted on: May 18, 2023
The Director Social Services ensures quality care and oversee
Clinical and Social Services functions of the shelter according to
DHS regulatory and accreditation requirements. This individual is
responsible for the oversight and implementation of care and
resources for the purpose of meeting the physical, emotional and
social needs of clients. The Director of Social Services provides
supervision to the Intake Services and CaseManagement Teams and
works with the Program Director to develop, implement, track,
report, and evaluate measurable outcomes. Pays $60,000-$65,000 per
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assist the Program Director with the administration of the
- Effectively manage the entire building in the absence of the
- Oversee the day to day operations of the Social Service
- Delegate and monitor client-related operational
responsibilities, as appropriate, to Intake and Case Management
- Oversee the timely assessment of clients upon admission, change
of condition and review and update care plans.
- Facilitate interdepartmental communication and conduct social
service staff meetings
- Attend meetings with funders or outside agencies.
- Connect with community leaders to build connections, gain
support and troubleshoot issues/concerns.
- Report all significant (i.e. Funder) events, and monitoring
events to the Program Director.
- Liaison with medical staff and psychiatric providers (both
internal and external) to ensure appropriate service delivery for
- Liaise with DHS Intake Center and DHS Management
- Develop and implement a system to ensure that clients maintain
their medication compliance on a weekly basis.
- Develop program content to address client needs related to
housing, substance abuse treatment, mental health, and
- Plan and organize program activities to maximize program
contract and performance goals as outlined in DHS Performance
- Maintaining compliance with all organizational policies and
legal regulations, by ensuring meticulous documentation of all
activities in the department.
- Review analysis of program and demographic client data to make
- Communicate with peers at other Acacia Network Shelters on
issue related to client progress and best practices.
- Set realistic weekly and monthly performance goals in
accordance with contract requirements with reporting staff.
- Ensure housing and performance outcomes are met on a
- Monitor and track clients housing placements, medical
compliance and Individual Service Plans.
- Conduct periodic internal file reviews and implement Quality
Assurance measures as needed to ensure quality service delivery to
clients (i.e. address and investigate client complaints).
- Conduct and document one-on-one supervision of direct reporting
staff to assess and improve work. performance (i.e. identify
training needs, professional development, ect.)
- Develop and implement crisis prevention/or intervention
strategies to ensure a safe and secure environment.
- Conduct case conferences with difficult to engage clients and
relevant Case Manager and/or Housing Specialist.
- Submit accurate DHS and ACACIA"s monthly reports to Program
Director for review in a timely manner.
- Organize onsite and offsite training opportunities for
professional development of staff.
- Troubleshoot client and direct reporting staff program
problems, and make decisions in accordance with program policies,
procedures, and protocols.
- Review, sign and submit timesheets for all direct reports.
- Complete incident reports to relevant parties to properly and
timely record any incident.
- Report all incident that may subject Acacia Network to
liability to the Program Director.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Program Director.
- Fully vaccinated against covid-19
- Master's Degree in Social Work or related field, required
- Five (5+) years of experience with homeless population or
special needs population (mental illness, substance abuse, HIV,
- Three (3+) years must be in a managerial position
- Successful completion of SIFI (Seminar in Field Instruction)
- Professional experience or desire or work with homeless and
other underserved populations and communities.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish), preferred
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity Employer*
Keywords: Acacia, New Rochelle , Director of Social Services, Executive , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...