Pharmacy Technician Per-Diem
Company: St. Barnabas
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Pharmacy technicians assist pharmacists in preparing and
distributing medications, maintaining the drug inventory, and
maintaining patient records. Pharmacy technicians work under the
supervision of a registered pharmacist. They are held responsible
for the preparation of non-intravenous medication formulations,
unit dosing and batch preparations of non-sterile medications,
executing all quality assurance processes and procedures, and
carrying out various distributive functions for patient care
One (1) year (2,080 hours) pharmacy technician experience in a
hospital setting OR three (3) years of community pharmacy
experience (full-time) is preferred.
High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) by the Pharmacy Technician
Certification Board (PTCB).
- Possesses excellent mathematical ability, attention to detail,
concentration, and alertness.
- Knows how to organize and prioritize work while illustrating
good time management skills
- Demonstrates the ability to safely handle medications
- Exhibits professional and respectable oral communication with
co-workers, patients, outside vendors, and other health care
- Presents aptitude to multi-task, work independently, and engage
- Can proficiently read, write, speak, and understand
Is open to training/giving and receiving instructions
Keywords: St. Barnabas, New Rochelle , Pharmacy Technician Per-Diem, Healthcare , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!