Company: Vocational Instruction Project Community Services
Posted on: May 6, 2021
VIP Community Services is dedicated to changing lives and
transforming our community. We offer a continuum of services to
individuals with histories of chemical dependency. Our
client-centered approach empowers people to take charge of their
lives and discover their personal paths to self-sufficiency.TITLE:
Medical AssistantREPORTS TO: Clinic AdministratorABOUT THE ROLE:
Provides assistance to the Physician and Physician Assistants
during physical examinations and provide support to the clinic
operations to ensure clients receive optimum quality care and
- Take and record vital signs as assigned or directed.
- Perform phlebotomy in accordance with procedure.
- Conduct electrocardiograms as indicated or assigned.
- Maintain departmental supplies.
- Assist the medical providers during examinations.
- Perform data entry as assigned.
- Assist in the data entry of status information into the ECW,
and AIRS, system.
- Scan all labs, and all patient documents into patients ECW
- Check client insurance status on a daily basis and update
insurance status in ECW.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current NYS Medical Assistant Certificate
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a health care setting.
- Minimum one (1) year experience with third party payers and
managed care organizations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all populations
- Ability to speak read and write the English language.
- Ability to speak, read and write in Spanish preferred.
- Effective data entry skills.
- Demonstrated proficient and knowledge of Windows computer
systems and programs.Perks Working for VIP:
- Dress down Fridays
- Discount on gym membership
- Tuition reduction rate on continuing education
- Annual holiday party
- Annual staff picnic
- Medical/ Dental/ 403(B)
- Transit discount for parking and MTAVIP Community Services
provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
laws.Why Work Here?Founded in 1974 to fill the need for vital
social services in The Bronx, VIP plays a key role in sustaining
life in the community.VIP has long recognized that for treatment to
be successful long term, the drug lifestyle has to be replaced with
positive elements - education, health care, mental health care, job
training, life skills and work opportunities. VIP's diverse
treatment programs were - and remain - integrated. VIP is dedicated
to empowering its clients with the tools they need to become
Keywords: Vocational Instruction Project Community Services , New Rochelle , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!