Nursing Assistant II - Temporary
Company: Northwell Health
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job DescriptionJob DescriptionPerforms selected diagnostic tests
and prescribed treatments. Provides patients with assistance in
performing the activities of daily living. Assists health care team
in ensuring patients safety.Job Responsibility
- Provides patients with assistance in performing the activities
of daily living.
- Provides equipment/supplies for and appropriately assists
patients with oral and personal hygiene.
- Prepares patients for meals/snacks/liquids and assists with
feeding, as needed.
- Assists in health care team's physical/psychological assessment
- Measures and records patient's Temperature/Pulse/Respiration
(TPR), blood pressure, height, weight, intake/output and bowel
movement, as appropriate.
- Collects required specimens; e.g., urine, feces, sputum.
- Reports any observable changes in patient's condition,
treatment results, and/or patient/family concerns to the registered
- Performs various selected diagnostic tests and prescribed
treatments consistent with established procedures under supervision
of registered nurse including but not limited to:
- Applying simple dressings; Discontinuing intravenous peripheral
therapies; Performing electrode application and EKG; Obtaining
blood sugar results and informs nurse; Assisting with the insertion
of Foley catheters; Cleansing pressure injuries; Applying buck
traction to patient; and Assisting patients with elimination, as
- Participates in health care team's responsibility to assure
- Responds to any patient's call bell and/or emergency
- Recognizes unsafe acts/conditions and corrects and/or reports
same, as appropriate.
- Uses side rails, restraints, gerichair and appropriately
positions patients.Transports patients.
- Responds to fire, evacuation, and internal/external emergencies
- Functions effectively within the organizational structure.
- Accepts assignment and seeks clarification as needed;
- Carries out assignments;
- Reports patient care observations and findings to RN
- Participates as an integral part of the nursing team in
assuming additional duties and responsibilities; and
- Maintains competence by attending in-service education
- Performs related duties, as required.
- ADA Essential FunctionsJob Qualification
- High School Degree or equivalent, required.
- Completion of a Nursing Assistant Course.
- Heart Saver Certification, preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of direct patient care experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Keywords: Northwell Health, New Rochelle , Nursing Assistant II - Temporary, Healthcare , Plainview, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!