Field Registered Nurse (RN)
Company: Signature Care New York
Posted on: May 11, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY:Responsible for providing direct skilled
nursing services to patients. Performs shift and private duty
nursing services. Responsible for the planning, coordination,
provision, and evaluation of direct nursing services to patients
and their families in accordance with professional practice act and
- NYS Licensed and currently registered as a Registered
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing and holds a Diploma,
Baccalaureate or Masters Degree.
- One year experience in the provision of nursing care in an
acute care facility. One year satisfactory Nursing
- Experience in Home Care, desired.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before customers/patients or
employees of the agency.
- Ability to perform mathematical operations as related to
medication calculations, units of American money and weight
measurement, volume and distance.
- Good Organizational writing, communication and interpersonal
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram or schedule form.CONTACT:
- Most frequent contact: Patients/Patient families;
Physicians/other home care staff
- Nature or Purpose: Care Issues, provide direct care Address
patient issuesEQUIPMENT OPERATION: -Telephone, General Office
equipment, Durable Medical Equipment and Nursing
- Provides shift/per-visit skilled nursing services to agency
- Provides assessment of newly referred patients, assesses health
needs and eligibility for home care.
- Provides patient and family teaching prior to discharge and on
an on-going basis.
- Performs patient assessments and re-assessments in the
- Provides skilled nursing on assigned patients according to
medical orders, and policies and procedures in accordance with the
RN Scope of Practice.
- Communicates with referrers/discharge planners to review
eligibility for agency services and to develop and coordinate the
plan of care.
- Develops and implements treatment plans in conjunction with
patient's authorized medical practitioner, communicating changes in
patient condition, treatments and care to the Director of Home Care
Services and other members of the healthcare team, Administers
Medication as ordered by the patient's physician.
- Reassesses patients needs for services on a continual basis and
discusses any changes in the plan of treatment with patient
- Prepares written documentation and summaries of the patient's
progress as needed for continuation of home health services.
- Plans, facilitates, and documents patient's discharge from the
- Communicates changes in the patient condition/home environment,
social structure etc. to the agency's DHC.
- Attends professional and required in-service programs
- Participates in the agency CQI/PI Program, as requested. Other
assignments within the RN Practice Act.CUSTOMER
- Assists other employees where needed
- Is responsible and cooperative with patients/families,
supervisors, fellow employees
- Maintains friendly working atmosphere
- Maintains professional attitude
- Maintains professional appearance
- Accepts constructive criticism as evidenced by appropriate
changes in behavior
- Utilizes established channels of communication
- Recognizes, accepts and respects people as individuals
- Recognizes limitations and seeks assistance appropriately
- Responds to patient issues
- Communicates appropriately with all levels of staff.SPECIALIZED
SKILLS AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of patient assessment procedure
- Knowledge of patient teaching process
- Knowledge of pathophysiology
- Knowledge of medication, administration, via oral, INI and
- Knowledge of medication interactions (drug-drug,
- Knowledge of the principles of therapeutic diets
- Knowledge of infection control practices, aseptic
- Knowledge of catheter insertion and care
- Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate information
with patients of all ages and socioeconomic levels.PHYSICAL
DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representatives of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
functions. Check one physical requirement, which applies to this
position:MEDIUM WORK: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force
occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of forcefrequently and/or up to
10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.WORK ENVIRONMENT:
-Patient homes, health care facilities
Keywords: Signature Care New York, New Rochelle , Field Registered Nurse (RN), Healthcare , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!