Company: Essen Health Care
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Physiatry/Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation opening in Bronx,
New York. This and other physician jobs brought to you by
Essen Health Care is a growing community healthcare network
provides high quality, compassionate, and accessible medical care
to some of the most vulnerable and under-served residents of New
York State. Guided by a ‘population health' model of care, Essen
has five integrated clinical divisions offering services in primary
& specialty offices, urgent care centers, and nursing homes, as
well as house calls for home bound patients; all clinical services
are also offered via telehealth. Our Care Management division
supports patient-centered care through care coordination, complex
care management and helping address health-related social
- Examining patients that need to undergo physical
- Diagnosing pain as a result of an injury, disease, or a
- Determining and implementing appropriate treatment plans for
- Recommending and undertaking various medical procedures, such
as disc decompression, prolotherapy, and vertebroplasty to treat
pain and improve physical functioning.
- Leading a team of medical professionals, which may include
physical therapists and occupational therapists, in order to
optimize patient care.
- Monitoring ongoing progress and health of patients, and
changing treatment plans, as necessary.
- Providing adaptive tools to improve the overall health and
physical functioning of patients.
- Counseling patients and their families and helping them adapt
to lifestyle changes.
- Providing support and advice to patients receiving long-term
- Conducting research on injuries, diseases, and disabling
conditions in order to improve and advance treatments.
- Bachelor's degree in biology, physical sciences, or a related
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- 4 to 7 years' internship and residency training, specializing
in physical medicine and rehabilitation.
- Certification by The American Board of Physical Medicine and
- Valid and active medical license in the state you wish to
- Working knowledge of different types of rehabilitation
treatments and programs for different disabilities.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Wonderful bedside manner.
- Excellent communicator who can empathize with patients.
Founded in 1999, Essen provides care in all five boroughs of New
York City, with a primary focus in the Bronx. Staffed by over 300
primary and specialty care physicians and advanced clinicians,
Essen Health Care is one of the largest, most comprehensive private
medical groups in New York City. Essen maintains a Clinical
Information Services team that maintains our enterprise-wide
electronic medical record system, data repository, clinical
analytics and population health capabilities. Our Community
Services teams creates and sustains relationship with community
organizations and agencies and health plans.
Essen is dedicated to ensuring the quality of care for all patients
and has been designated ‘Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home' by
the National Committee for Quality Assurance. Essen has won awards
for its patient care innovations and recently launched Intention
Health Ventures to develop and commercialize our technology
ESSEN HEALTH CARE IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Essen Health care is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and
we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically
Keyphrases: physical medicine & rehab jobs, physical medicine jobs,
Keywords: Essen Health Care, New Rochelle , Physiatrist, Healthcare , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!