Company: Clinical Staffing Resources New York
Posted on: May 12, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY:The Residential RN provides direct and
supportive health care management to individuals that reside in
agency programs. The job duties are widely focused toward
coordination of care/case management for individuals and staff
training and oversight for the provision of
care.QUALIFICATIONS:Possession of valid RN license and remain
registered by the New York State Department of Education. In
addition, employee must remain current with all required trainings
or certifications as applicable by OPWDD and/or Living Resources. A
valid NYS driver's license and reliable transportation are
required. Experience working with individuals with intellectual
and/or developmental disabilities is preferred.JOB DUTIES:
- Establishes positive working relationships with individual,
family members and other members of the interdisciplinary treatment
team within and outside the agency.
- Assess current health status of individuals and identifies
needs. Provides professional advice/direction for health and safety
issues and ongoing support for the health and medical needs of
individuals assigned to caseload.
- Initiates nursing interventions in emergency and non-emergency
situations based on clinical decision making and established
policies and standards of care.
- Establishes and maintains plans of nursing care.
- Supervises the delivery of nursing care by other licensed and
- Responsible for observing staff for administration of
medication and certification. Follow up and counseling as needed
per policy and procedures.
- Provide training, monitoring and oversight of nursing skills
such as tube feeds, oxygen administration and other skilled nursing
- Provide teaching and training to individuals and staff
regarding nursing plans of care and required agency
- Coordinates and monitors health services provided; such as
primary care, dental, and specialists, etc.
- Ensures appointments are scheduled in timely manner.
- Documents individual's status, health needs and follow up.
Transcribes medications and treatments as ordered. Maintains
medical files and records.
- Ensures that information is shared among all necessary parties
- Generates provider consults, then reviews and documents, along
with MAOS after appointments have taken place.
- Updates electronic health records and MARs.
- Monitors health records such as seizures chart, BM tracking,
menses record, AIMS, vital signs, etc.
- Initiates contact with hospital discharge planners for all
hospitalized individuals immediately upon hospitalization to effect
a safe discharge. If hospitalization exceeds 2 days' hospital
visits must occur to ensure safety and facilitate communication
among all providers.
- Monitors and maintains medication area:
- Monitors and maintains proper storage of medications at
residence according to policy and regulations.
- Ensures that expired medications (including OTC) and treatments
are disposed of properly.
- Follow controlled substance policy for counting, storage,
administration and disposal.
- Verifies medications are properly labeled, correspond correctly
to prescriber's order and the MAR.
- Ensures the overall cleanliness of the medication
administration area and complies with infection control
- Monitors proper function of adaptive equipment, obtains orders
and collaborates with PT, OT, Speech, etc.
- Regularly attends staff meetings, treatment team meetings,
in-services and others as assigned.
- Responsible for after hours on-call as scheduled to act in
accordance with policies, regulations, and Nurse Practice Act.
Documentation and notifications required as applicable.
- Responsible for notifying supervisor of all pertinent medical
information pertaining to individuals (including hospitalizations,
change in medical/mental status) and staff issues.
- Ensure a safe working environment by following all safety
guidelines and reporting any hazards.
- May be required to float or cover other programs as assigned,
or work an altered work schedule to meet needs of individuals or
- Other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned by
Keywords: Clinical Staffing Resources New York, New Rochelle , RN, Healthcare , Copiague, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!