Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Company: Tempositions, Inc.
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Description The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible
for delivering nursing care to residents within the scope of the
LPN in the state of New York.The LPN is accountable for excellence
in resident care and service delivery. Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and deliver nursing care to residents within the
scope of an LPN, including but not limited to catheter care, wound
care, dressing changes, nebulizer treatments, ostomy care, and
management of medical equipment; medication management including
administration of oral medications, injections or PRN
- Supervise the care provided by HHAs and RCAs to residents.
- Manage and administer medications and assist the residents with
self-administration of medication.
- Maintain positive collaborative relations with residents,
families and provider partners.
- Report any observed significant incidents and/or changes in the
residents condition to Nursing Leadership (Charge RN in the
Residence), Primary Care Provider and family as indicated.
- Review and become familiar with each assigned residents
Individualized Service Plan.
- Assist in training and orientation of Resident Care staff.
- Document care and services provided to residents in the
electronic health record using nursing best practices and
- Follow all policies and procedures as outlined in the policy
and procedure manual.
- Attend and participate in scheduled in-service programs,
training programs and staff meetings.
- Assist with scheduling and staffing of Resident Care staff as
- Provide coaching and mentoring to Resident Care Team members as
- Follow emergency procedures.
- Understand and comply with the facilitys safety practices and
- Participate in health, wellness and lifestyle programs and
assist with all aspects of resident care and resident experience as
- Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse, licensed to practice in the
state of New York.
- Basic first aid and CPR certification.
- Experience in assisted living, post-acute or long-term care
- Must be able to convey and understand information and ideas in
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace,
including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving
problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data,
etc. from multiple sources and consider, adjust, or modify to meet
the constraints of the particular situation.
- Must be able to prioritize departmental functions in order to
meet due dates and deadlines
- Ability to stand for long hours and walk long distances without
- Utilize technology as a means of communication necessary to
support resident needs and ensure operational compliance as well as
resident safety and security.Shifts: Friday and Saturday (7AM - 3PM
or 3PM to 11PM).COMPANY OVERVIEWThis job is presented to you by
TemPositions Health Care, a division of the TemPositions Group of
Companies. Enjoy exceptional compensation, benefits, and a wealth
of opportunities in social service, educational, clinical and
occupational settings. To learn more about employment
opportunities, visit our website at .We are an equal opportunity
employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local
fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not
tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other
covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national
origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender
(including gender identity and expression), marital or familial
status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability,
citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic
information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable
federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority
groups and women are encouraged.
Keywords: Tempositions, Inc., New Rochelle , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Healthcare , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!