Attending Physician - Psychiatry Family Justice Center- Lincoln Hospital - Bronx, NY - Full Time
Company: Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY)
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Psychiatric-Mental Health opening in Bronx, New York. This and
other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest
multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to
nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the
most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people
do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity
of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is
committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic
physicians and promotes our health professionals' wellness. PAGNY
is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals
who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest
public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are
highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who
deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients
throughout New York City. NYC Health + Hospitals/Lincoln, located
just 15 minutes from NYC, is an acute care teaching hospital
academically affiliated with Weill-Cornell Medical College.
Dedicated to providing high quality patient care to a diverse
community, Lincoln Medical Center is a NYS designated Level I
Trauma and Stroke Center and has Centers of Excellence in all
medical specialties including its award-winning Cancer and Breast
- Provide clinical services to indviduals in situations of
domestic violence (DV) as part of the innovative collaboration with
a city- run center providing co- localized multidisciplinary
services for victims of DV. Part of a city- wide team of providers
that also includes psychiatrists and ongoing peer and expert
supervision and training.
- Conduct clinical psychiatric evaluations of center clients
referred by staff and collaborating agencies on-site at the Family
- Provide on-site psychopharmacologic treatment when appropriate
for center clients.
- Conduct supportive, cognitive, interpersonal or other
evidence-based individual and group-based psychotherapies for
clients and families, when appropriate.
- Collaborate with center staff and on-site service agencies
related to clients' clinical needs. Assist in facilitating referral
for more intensive psychiatric care when appropriate.
- Provide educational activities for center and affiliated agency
staff on-site when appropriate.
- Participate in educational and supervision activities in the
Columbia University Department of Psychiatry.
- Work with Columbia University faculty and other team members to
develop and implement tools for program evaluation to assess the
impact of the added clinical services provided by this initiative
for clients of the DV center.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- M.D. or D.O. from an accredited medical or osteopathy
- Completion of residency training in psychiatry.
- ABPN Board Eligible
- NYS license Experience and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated interest and clinical experience in treating
victims of trauma and/or Domestic Violence.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work
well in a multidisciplinary team setting.
- Familiarity with high-risk patients and cultural sensitivity in
- Clinical and/or services research experience preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred. Other languages a plus.
- Experience conducting evidence-based treatments in group and
individual modalities, familiarity with high-risk populations and
community settings, experience in psychiatric care of medical
patients, demonstrated interest in maternal mental health.
Administrative and research experience a plus.For more information
regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Joe Mastov,
Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at M/F/D/V
Keyphrases: psychiatry jobs, psychiatrist jobs, psychologist jobs,
psychiatric nurse practitioner jobs
Keywords: Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY), New Rochelle , Attending Physician - Psychiatry Family Justice Center- Lincoln Hospital - Bronx, NY - Full Time, Healthcare , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!