Company: Essen Healthcare
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Operating Room/Ambulatory Care/MedSurg opening in Bronx, New
York. This and other rn jobs brought to you by
Essen is currently seeking Full-time and/or Part-time Registered
Nurses for our Ambulatory Surgical Center. This is a daytime RN
opportunity, no evenings available.
- We Offer Competitive Salary
- Malpractice, Health Insurance, Dental, Optical, life
- Generous PTO
- Paid Medical Malpractice
- Scrubs provided
Essen's Surgical Center currently operates Monday-Friday 7:30am-5PM
(or after depending on the OR day), we are looking for candidates
who are open to overtime for full time and at least 2 days a week
This Surgical Center specializes in Podiatry, Gynecology,
Gastroenterology and much more.
Your responsibilities would include, but not limited to the
Responsible for daily patient care in all surgical related areas,
such as intake, operating room, and recovery room. *This position
is crossed trained in all areas of the Surgical Services –
Intake/Operating Room/Recovery Room/Discharge Area – including the
- Ensures all surgical procedures are performed within PBGS
Policies and Procedures, Federal, NYS-DOH and Accreditation agency
- Works closely with the Nurse Manager and all other clinical
staff, including physicians, nurses, medical assistants, etc.…to
ensure that PBGS functions in a coordinated, organized manner and
consistently provides quality care and services.
- Responsible for patients care in the Pre-op, Operating, and
Recovery Rooms to ensure effective and efficient delivery of
- Assess and monitor condition of pre-operative and
- Administer medication and intra-venous therapy as prescribed by
- Collaborates with the Nurse Manager on the oversight and
management of the operations of the surgical floor.
- Oversees services delivered by Medical Assistants and Surgical
- Maintain accuracy of Medical Record charting and documentation
of all cares rendered to the patient in the intake, recovery room
and ambulatory areas.
- Provide contraceptives and sexual health counseling.
- Provide post-operative discharge instructions.
- Provide for the physical safety and wellbeing of the
- Attend mandatory in-service and staff meetings.
- Ensures that strict adherence to Infection Control Policies is
followed and monitors practice of Infection Control
- Ensures that Environment of Care practices and protocols are
adhered to on the surgical floor.
- Communicates to the Charge Nurse any adverse incidence,
complications, surgical and medication incidents, hospital
transfers, etc… and plays an active role in patient safety within
- Scheduled to take hotline calls on a rotational basis.
- Involved in orientation and training of newly hired nurses and
medical assistants in collaboration with the Charge Nurse and
Administrative Director of Nursing.
- Expected to maintain a collaborative and professional working
relationship all clinical and non-clinical personnel in the
development of the surgical services program's development at
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have the following
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Prior experience in Peri-operative Nursing, preferred
- Current BLS/CPR and ACLS certification
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for
- Fully Vaccinated as per current NYC vaccine mandate
Keywords: Essen Healthcare, New Rochelle , Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!