Company: Vocational Instruction Project Community Services
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Description:POSITION TITLE: LPN
POSITION REPORTS TO: Nurse Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Nurse Manager,
provides nursing care to ensureclient receives optimum, quality,
cost effective care.
- Promotes an atmosphere of professionalism, cooperation,
respect, and dignity in all communication/interaction with clients,
their families, and colleagues.
- Facilitates the orderly performance of the agency's functions
by observing policies and standards of conduct.
- Assist clients to ensure the prescribed plan of care is
- Administer medication in conformance with policy and
- Observe each client for possible signs of intoxication prior to
- Observe each client for possible medication side effects and
notifies NM/designee immediately.
- Maintains accurate accounting of all medication received and
- Document and maintain client medical records adhering to
institutional and regulatory agency mandates.
- Performs tasks and responsibilities within the framework of
casefinding, health teaching, health counseling, and provision of
supportive to or restorative care under the direction of the
registered professional nurse.
- Performs duties and tasks within their scope of practice
- Role model for staff and clients
- All other duties as assigned by the Nurse Manager.
- Maintain good working relationships with all employees.
Participate in Job Training and Education Programs, Meetings and
- Attend mandatory in-service annually.
- Participate in various committees and meetings as
- Attend seminars to further professional development.
JOB COMPETENCY:? Current NYS LPN License? Current NYS Infection
Control Certificate? Minimum one year experience as an LPN,
preferably in a substance abuse treatment program? Excellent
written and oral communication skills.? Ability to interact
effectively with all populations served.? Ability to speak, read
and write the English language.? Proficiency with computers.
- Must possess sight and digital senses or prosthetics that will
enable the essential functions of the job to be completed.
Keywords: Vocational Instruction Project Community Services , New Rochelle , LPN, Healthcare , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!