Registered Nurse, Residency Program, Home Care, RN (New RN Grads - Bronx)
Company: VNS Health
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Provides support new Registered Nurses as they begin their nursing
career. Provides nursing care to meet the needs of the
patient/client and manages/coordinates the delivery of cost
effective multidisciplinary health care services for a caseload of
patients/clients consistent with VNS Health philosophy, policy,
goals and objectives, and Standards of Nursing Practice. Attends
seminars on applied learning topics, reflects on clinical
experiences in supportive group setting, and shares insights with
peers. Works under direct supervision.
- Participates in classroom learning activities which include
topics such as critical thinking, evidence-based best practice
assessments, care planning, and evaluation of care.
- Shadows RNs to get field experience. Reviews experiences in
- Assesses the physical, social and psychological needs and
environmental conditions of the patient/client through professional
knowledge, skills of observation, interviewing, and physical
examination to develop a plan of care.
- Understands, interprets, and implements reimbursement
protocols; determines the billing source for patient/client care.
Consults with management on complex/unique reimbursement
- Documents content and process of all services provided in
accordance with government regulations/requirements, and VNS Health
policies, practices, and procedures. Initiates and maintains
written (including clinical and progress notes) and verbal
communications with team members and management to assure optimal
- Provides nursing care in accordance with VNS Health policies,
practices, procedures and Standards of Nursing Practice, which may
require standing, stooping, sitting, crouching, bending and
stretching to deliver patient/client care.
- Transports and utilizes required medical equipment and other
supplies using VNS Health designated/supplied carrying case
weighing approximately 25 - 30 lbs. to and from patient/client
- Travels to patient/clients' homes and/or other facilities with
varying environments (e.g., elevated buildings, walk-ups, care
facilities, single/multiple-family homes, presence of pets, etc.)
using approved transportation options to deliver direct care to the
- Follows work procedures in relation to established
- Maintains productivity sufficient to meet VNS Health
- Assumes responsibility for personal professional growth through
attendance at in-services, training, continued formal education,
and select journal readership.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special
projects, as assigned.
Licensure: License and current registration to practice as a
registered professional nurse in New York State required. Valid
driver's license or NYS Non-Driver photo ID card, may be required
as determined by operational/regional needs.Education: Degree in
Nursing from an approved program required.Experience: Recently
received RN license. No prior work experience in nursing
Keywords: VNS Health, New Rochelle , Registered Nurse, Residency Program, Home Care, RN (New RN Grads - Bronx), Healthcare , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!