Social Worker Assistant
Company: VNS Health
Posted on: August 6, 2022
OverviewAssists the Licensed Social Worker in providing direct
social work services to patients and their families including
community resource planning, advocacy, skill building, linking
patient/families to community resources and providing assistance
with entitlements under the direction of the Licensed Social
Worker. Works under close supervision of the Licensed Social
- Assesses clients/families for the need of concrete social work
services and participates in the development of a plan of care with
the Licensed Social Worker.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other agencies on the
treatment plan or plan of care, as well as follows up on linkages
made between patients and other service agencies or mental health
providers to ensure continuity of care.
- Assists staff, patients/families and other caregivers with
application process for -third party reimbursement, entitlements
and community resources.
- Performs outreach to community agencies in order to establish
working relationships and provide access to other services. -
Advise other agencies of the program and referral process.
- Maintains records and statistics in accordance with program
requirements. - Clearly documents services planned and provided,
and maintains written and verbal communication according to VNS
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings and case
conferences, and works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary
team to provide a continuum of quality in-home services to
- Travels to patient's home to make home visits as determined by
the Plan of Care or as determined by leadership.
- Attends in-service education programs, and other training, as
required by VNS Health.
- Assumes responsibility for continued professional growth.
- Performs other related duties, as required.For CMHS only:
- Assists with monitoring the effects of the plan of care on the
- Arranges transportation and/or appointments for patients at
clinics, programs and offices.For Hospice only:
- Assists with Nursing Home application process and
placement.QualificationsLicensure: - -Valid driver's license or NYS
Non-Driver photo ID card, may be required as determined by
operational/regional needs.Education: - -Associates Degree in
Social Work, Psychology, or the human services field, OR Four years
of full-time paid experience in social work in a social agency
adhering to acceptable standards, OR, an equivalent combination of
the foregoing education and experience required.Experience: -
Minimum of one year of social work experience in a mental health,
health care or human services setting required. - Bilingual skills
may be required, as determined by operational needs. - Position may
require travel between regions. -
Keywords: VNS Health, New Rochelle , Social Worker Assistant, Healthcare , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!