Clinical Lab Scientist
Company: Summit Health, Inc.
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
* Ensures that all testing performed under his/her supervision is
according to WMG established, approved procedures and quality
* Ensures that all testing is done under optimal conditions (ie.
Instruments functioning properly; reagents in good condition and
proper technique followed.)
* Responsible for notifying the doctor within 60 minutes for STAT
requests and PANIC values following WMG policies.
* Responsible for performing maintenance procedures on the
instrumentation as dictated by the manufacturer, if needed.
* Responsible for entering and or checking data before they are
entered into the patient's records.
* Investigates and resolves problems; informs lab staff/laboratory
manager of any and all serious problems.
* Responsible for the maintenance and retention of all documents
needed for Federal/State inspections as directed by the
* Responsible for keeping track of all laboratory supplies and
letting the QA/ QC POC Coordinator/ Lab Manager know when orders
need to be placed.
* Complies with all WMG policies and OSHA regulations related to
safety, cleanliness and infection control.
* Responsible for performing proficiency testing for all tests
performed and make sure that each sample is treated as a patient
* Responsible for the accurate and efficient use of the EMR/ LIS
system including the Harvest downtime procedure.
* Participates in continuous education such as Medelearn and
* Maintain laboratory testing related competency
* Maintain technical accuracy in all areas of the Lab.
* Performs other ancillary duties as directed by competent
* MT degree or equivalent
* Certification as a lab technologist under C.L.I.A.
* NY State license
* Broad knowledge of tests performed and equipment utilized in the
* Ability to deal with confidential information with the utmost
* Interpersonal skill necessary to deal courteously and effectively
with administration, peers and the public
* Sufficient technical ability to be able to troubleshoot
independently and knowledge to know when to ask for assistance
* A friendly and fast-paced environment working with passionate
* Outstanding growth opportunities
* Time Off
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Short/Long Term Disability, HSA, and Life Insurance
* 401K plan with company matching contribution
* Cash Bonus Programs
* Recognition and rewards programs to recognize successful
* Other Perks & Discounts
* Commuter and parking discount program to help you save (using
* Full Time Benefit Eligible Employees Only
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does
not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed,
gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression
(including transgender status), national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital
status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local
Our Company cares about the safety of our employees and applicants.
Our Company does not use chat rooms for job searches or
communications. Our Company will never request personal information
via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. Our Company will
never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other
personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of
potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at
select Our Company locations during regular business hours only.
For information on job scams, visit,
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at
Keywords: Summit Health, Inc., New Rochelle , Clinical Lab Scientist, Healthcare , Purchase, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!