RN - Medical Surgical
Company: Impresiv Health
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Title: RN - Medical Surgical
Duration: Temp - Contract
Local Pay: $60-70/hour
Travel Pay: $2,566-2,746/week -
Description: Under the supervision of charge nurse, provide
age-appropriate professional nursing care including assessment,
planning, problem identification, care implementation,
patient/family education and evaluation of care in the adolescents,
adults, and elderly population.
What You Will Do:
- Assesses and re-assesses patients' needs/problems and to
determine response to treatment/intervention; completes admission
assessment within 24 hours where applicable.
- Demonstrates ability to screen and refer for psychosocial
problems including elder abuse/neglect, domestic violence,
depression, suicide risk, and substance abuse.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team in developing plan
of care; provides and documents intervention according to
- Demonstrates ability to perform general procedures, including
medication management, venipuncture and peripheral IV
- Utilizes available technology and equipment in providing
- Communicates patient's progress/issues using handoff and
- Participates in Unit Performance Improvement
- Conforms to regulatory agency standards that guide care in the
- Serves as patient/family advocate; provides age-appropriate
education to patients/family
- Demonstrates commitment to continued professional development,
including Specialty Board Certification.
- Checks vital signs, weighs, and measures patients, obtains
specimens and records findings on patient's chart.
- Instructs patients on how to obtain specimens for laboratory
testing and performs basic specimen screening testing through
dipstick and hemocult.
- Prepares collected specimens for pick-up by labeling and
preparing required form(s).
- Performs vision and hearing testing and simple
- Administers emergency first aid, including basic life support
- Performs simple first aid such as dressing changes, bandaging
and cleansing of wounds, irrigation and cleansing of ears.
- Prepares patient for examination and assists medical provider
during examination by providing necessary
- Prepares examination room including cleaning and disinfecting
of instruments and equipment.
- Informs patients on proper preparation for various medical
- Interviews patient to obtain routine personal and medical
information and appropriate health history.
- Maintains, completes, processes and files patients' charts,
appropriate forms and documents.
- Reports observations of patient to clinical staff caring for
patient to ensure professional assessment.
- Answers routine inquiries of patients in person or via
telephone and makes appropriate referrals.
- Provides information to patients and their families regarding
health care services and the achievement of healthy, safe
- Maintains inventory of the unit's equipment stock and
- Works effectively as a team member in the delivery of care and
assists in the orientation of new employees.
- Directs and escorts patients to other departments and/or health
care settings, as needed.
- Coordinates efforts of various clinic and health care setting
departments in scheduling and re-booking appointments through
manual and/or automated systems and enters pertinent patient
information into the Electronic Medical Record systems.
- Obtains blood specimens for laboratory testing by performing
venipuncture and/or fingerstick testing.
- Operates electrocardiograph equipment to record electrical wave
tracing of the electrical currents of the heart muscle.
You Will Be Successful If:
- Previous experience in a Medical Surgical Unit
- Knowledge of electronic medical documentation - EPIC
What You Will Bring:
- 2+ years of experience as an RN in a Medical Surgical Unit
- Current and unrestricted New York RN license
- BLS - American Health Association
- Bachelor's degree preferred
About Impresiv Health:
Impresiv Health is a healthcare consulting partner specializing in
clinical & operations management, enterprise project management,
professional services, and software consulting services. We help
our clients increase operational efficiency by delivering
innovative solutions to solve their most complex business
Our approach is and has always been simple. First, think and act
like the customers who need us, and most importantly, deliver what
larger organizations cannot do - provide tangible results that add
immediate value, at a rate that cannot be beaten. Your success
matters, and we know it.
Keywords: Impresiv Health, New Rochelle , RN - Medical Surgical, Healthcare , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!