Company: Park Gardens Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Park Gardens Rehabilitation and Nursing Center - Purpose of Your
To provide direct nursing care to residents under the medical
direction and supervision of the residents' attending physicians,
the Director of Nursing Services, and the Medical Director of the
facility. To monitor the performance of non-licensed personnel. You
will also assist in modifying the treatment regiment to meet the
physical and psychological need of the resident, in accordance with
established medical practices and the requirements of the policies
and procedures of this facility in accordance with current federal,
state, and local standards governing the facility.
Delegation of Authority
As Nurse Supervisor, you are delegated the authority,
responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of
this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these
are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission
of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the
position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential
function of the position.
- Works throughout the nursing service area.
- Moves intermittently during work hours.
- Sits, stands, pushes, bends, stoops and walks intermittently
through the workday.
- May lift and move patients and equipment.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government
agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and
- Is involved in community/civic health matters/projects as
- Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family
members, personnel, and visitors.
- Communicates with medical staff, nursing personnel and other
- Works beyond normal working hours, and in other positions
temporarily, when necessary.
- Is subject to callback during emergency conditions (e.g., severe
weather, evacuation, post - disaster, etc.).
- Attends and participates in continuing education programs.
- Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, bruise,
scratches and odors, etc throughout the work day, as well as to
reactions from dust, disinfectants, tobacco smoke and the air
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions,
etc., including but not limited to TB AIDS and Hepatitis B.
Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure - Category One (High Exposure
- May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous
- Maintains a liaison with the residents, their families, support
departments, etc., to adequately plan for the residents' needs
Education & Qualifications
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice
as a RN in Pennsylvania.
- A physical examination and/or evidence from a physician
indicating freedom of communicable disease to be available upon
- Must be in good physical and mental health.
- Ability to work independently or part of a group.
- Effectively communicates with others.
- Previous long-term care experience is desirable. Computer
- Must possess the ability to make independent decision when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
resident, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel,
and the general public.
- Knowledge of elderly, ill, and/or disabled.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm,
as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident's
- Basic understanding of following step-by-step procedures.
- Follows and understands written and oral directions.
- Knowledge of equipment used in long-term care (e.g., lifts,
wheelchairs, Geri chairs, and scales).
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other
individuals in the workplace.
Physical and Sensory Requirements
(With or without the aid of mechanical devices)
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to speak and write the English language in an
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable
these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements
of this position can be fully met.
- Must function independently and have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with resident
personnel, and support agencies.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the
policies of this facility, which include a medical and physical
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 50
(fifty) pounds to a minimum height of 4 (four) feet and be able to
push, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 2 (two)
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during
Keywords: Park Gardens Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, New Rochelle , Nurse Supervisor, Healthcare , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!