Registered Nurse (RN) Operating Room
Company: Northwell Health
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Plans, implements and evaluates nursing regimens for an assigned
number of patients. Collaborates with Physician and other Health
team members in meeting total health care needs of patients. Serves
as the primary Nurse and/or Team Leader in the delivery of nursing
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the nursing care of
the assigned patients.
- Performs admission assessments evidenced by documentation on
Nursing Care Plans and Nurses notes.
- Reassesses patients Q shift, and with change of
- Keeps the supervisor and/or designee informed of changes in
patient's condition and/or treatments.
- Collaborates with other health team members when follow-up is
- Explains procedures to patient before they are
- Administers patient care considering the patient's privacy and
dignity as a human being.
- Acts rapidly and effectively during any emergency situation,
managing self, patients and other employees.
- Contributes to the evaluation of patient care through
participating in unit performance Improvement activities.
- * Collaborates with Health Team Members in planning and
carrying-out treatment regimen.
- Interprets and implements treatment regimen as prescribed by
- Assists the Physician/Residents during treatments and/or
- Makes observations of and reports patient's condition during
treatments and procedures.
- * Provides and maintains a safe, clean, noise-controlled
environment for patients to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Maintains vigilance over patients ensuring safety
precautions/needs are followed (Side rails up, call lights and
bedside stand within reach, etc.)
- Applies scientific principles in performing established nursing
- Provides a calm, quiet, restful atmosphere; communicates with
the patient's family or caretakers.
- Maintains principles of universal precautions and infection
- * Participates in patient education.
- Provides the patient with explanation of his/her condition as
- Communicates assessment data by recording, updating and
verbalizing pertinent information to Health Team members and to
- Recognizes and utilizes health teaching opportunities and
- Provides early discharge planning and appropriate referrals by
giving home instructions to patients and caretakers.
- Evaluates the teaching by feedback from patient/family and
- * Documents the patient's medical record with observations and
action taken during patient's hospital stay.
- Keeps documentation of patient's treatment, activity and
condition, as well as patient's responses to medical and nursing
- Uses the method of documentation according to the policy of the
- * Performs in whichever capacity staffing level
- Assumes charge responsibilities when assigned.
- Assists in extended orientation of new staff.
- Attends nursing, hospital committees as assigned.
- Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. Bachelor's
Degree in Nursing, preferred. Must be enrolled in an accredited
program within 24 months of employment, if hired after September 1,
2010 and obtain a BSN degree within five (5) years of employment
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse
in New York State.
- Minimum one to two years experience in a hospital setting.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a
team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be
considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line,
years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated
contracts, budget and internal equity).
Keywords: Northwell Health, New Rochelle , Registered Nurse (RN) Operating Room, Healthcare , Syosset, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!