Residential RN-CLS Plainview location
Company: AHRC Nassau
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Ensures the delivery of quality medical services to the
individuals with Intellectual Disability / Developmental Disability
living within the CLS IRA program, participates in the medical
on-call system, and provides supervision of unlicensed direct care
staff in the performance of nursing tasks and activities. The RN
acts as the primary liaison between the medical service providers
and the individual.Primary duties and responsibilities include but
not limited to:
- Ensures medical care for the individuals within a designated
cluster. Identifies and develops an individualized plan for nursing
services for any individual who requires nursing care, including
those who require medication administration for diagnosed medical
conditions and updates annually
- Ensures all medical services including testing are completed at
the frequency recommended by the provider. These consults will be
tracked by the RN with all recommended testing completed and
results obtained. Ensures prompt rescheduling of any cancelled
medical appointments. Accompanies individuals on critical medical
appointments in order to enhance communication and coordination of
needed medical services
- Makes weekly visits to the residence for individual medical
monitoring and review of all medical reports, visit forms,
diagnostic tests and laboratory results. Completes a monthly site
visit; including medication oversight and reconciliation. Completes
nursing progress notes monthly and during an illness until
- Tracks medical appointments using the agency tracking forms for
each site in the residential cluster. Tracking forms must be
reviewed with AD Nursing during monthly support meetings.
- Attends monthly support meetings with AD Nursing to review
health status of individuals and discuss job related concerns and
- Provides initial and ongoing supervision/training/support to
unlicensed direct care staff on individuals chronic medical
conditions and in all nursing tasks and or functions that they
perform. The RN will periodically review that the performance of
unlicensed staff is consistent with standards of care and
- Conducts annual clinical performance evaluations for unlicensed
direct care staff for procedures that include but are not limited
to medication administration (AMAP pouring). This evaluation will
become part of the employees annual performance evaluation. Ensures
delivery of pouring paperwork to the training department.
- Monitors and visits individuals who are hospitalized for
medical or psychiatric reasons at least weekly and more if needed
as determined by the RN with AD Nursing input. Coordinates the
communication of all information between the hospital and the
Habilitation Team. Acts as the Agencys lead contact for all
- Participates in a 24-hour, 7 days a week on-call system that
provides direction and support to the Residential Staff including
verification of new medication orders. Responsible for delivery of
on-call triage paperwork to the medical secretary within one
- Ensures back-up nursing coverage during use of accrued agency
time and or for the on call system. Assists program with nursing
coverage for any coworkers leave as needed.
- Responsible for providing supervisor with a daily nursing
report regarding any change in individuals health status including
new diagnoses, hospitalizations, ER and urgent care visits.
- Ensures pharmacy reviews are completed every 6 months for IRAs
and quarterly for ICFs, and ensures follow up of recommendations of
- Leads team meetings for an individual prior to any scheduled
surgery, any procedure requiring anesthesia, or any other
significant medical concern (end-stage cancer, renal failure,
- Ensures Compass and State audits are prioritized, and changes
schedule if necessary to attend all.
- Contacts family members to secure consent for medical
procedures, pre-sedation, pre-medication and prior to the
initiation of psychotropic medication and annually thereafter.
- Coordinates and presents medical information necessary for
Surrogate Decision Making Committee review
- In the event the RN is unable to perform any part of her job
responsibility on a weekly basis, she/he is required to notify
their supervisor immediately.
- Requests time off as per the agency handbook. In the event of
sickness and or schedule changes, supervisor must be notified, and
a schedule change called in/e-mailed to the medical secretary.
- Is able to drive, as is necessary to perform his/her
residential nurse job responsibilities by driving from one site to
another and or to travel for in person meetings during the course
of the work day.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- This position requires regular and substantial unsupervised or
unrestricted physical contact with people receiving services and,
therefore, is subject to successful completion of
fingerprint/criminal background check.
- Ensures that work-related safety procedures are in place and
are being adhered to by staff. Observance of an unsafe act or a
potentially hazardous work environment must be immediately reported
to supervisor and/or safety committee.
- Reports to Justice Center as a mandated reporter if there is
reasonable cause to suspect abuse or neglect or a potentially
hazardous work environment. Additionally, follows all agency
incident policies and procedures.
- Adheres to all regulations, agency policy and procedures, the
employee handbook, and agency program training requirements.
- Arrives to work by start of scheduled shift, adheres to agency
policy and procedure in regard to call-offs and overtime to ensure
quality support is provided to people each day.
- NY State licensed Registered Nurse required
- Current CPR certification required.
- One year experience working with ID/DD population is
- Ability to drive is necessary to perform his/her/their job
- Excellent oral/written communication and organizational skills.
Requisition ID: 2022-4766 External Company Name: AHRC Nassau
External Company URL: https://www.ahrc.org/ Street: 115 E Bethpage
Rd Shift: Daytime Hours Schedule: Mon-Fri Flex
Keywords: AHRC Nassau, New Rochelle , Residential RN-CLS Plainview location, Healthcare , Plainview, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!