Company: Children's Aid
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Bronx Health Services and Foster Care (910 East 172nd Street)
$130,000 - $135,000/yearPOSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of
the Medical Director, the Nurse Administrator (Medical Foster Care
Program) role is to work within the local community and lead agency
structure to assure that the MFC Program is implemented in
accordance with established guidelines and contract requirements.
Additionally, the Nurse Administrator will employ best practices in
staff supervision and staff development, to provide primary support
and appropriate oversight to the nurse case managers, and to model
a strengths-based, client-centered culture. RESPONSIBILITIES:
Staffing and Education
- Oversees the recruitment and hiring of all nurse case managers,
nursing assistant supervisors, and support staff ensuring that they
can implement the MFC philosophy and model.
- Ensures that all staff attend all required MFC education
- Assesses and develops strategies to address knowledge and skill
gaps of nurse case managers, nursing assistant supervisors, and
- Provides adequate orientation, professional development
opportunities and study time to remediate gaps in necessary
knowledge and skill.
- Assigns client caseloads and monitors nurse case manager's
ability to build and manage caseload.
- Monitors assistant nursing supervisor's ability to provide
staff supervision and client intake
- Provides useful feedback, and develops a plan with staff to
address performance and resolve issues when they arise.
- Builds confidence and skill of nurse case managers.
- Provides supervision and evaluation of nurse case managers,
nursing assistant supervisors, and administrative support staff
(including time and leave, performance evaluations, disciplinary
- Effectively assists nurse case managers and nursing assistant
supervisors in analyzing complex problems and case situations.
- Screens and assesses appropriateness of placement requests from
- Identifies and matches resources for home placement, along with
- Introduces foster parents to foster children prior to
- Arranges for initial foster parent health education and skills
- Creates implements and maintains a care plan for each
identified problem at intakes Budget and Contracts
- Monitors budget to ensure compliance with fidelity to MFC model
and contract agreements.
- Understands and actively participates in monitoring MFC
contract with the agency.
- Researches, develops and monitors contracts with outside
vendors for services to MFC clients
- Oversees and approves appropriate home care, pharmacy,
equipment, and supplies for foster children. Community awareness,
support, and referral systems
- Actively participates in all MFC-related ACS policy
- Develops and maintains community referral sources for the MFC
- Develops and implements external and internal systems to assure
timely receipt and disposition of referrals to and from the MFC
Program, in collaboration with the referral coordinators.
- Working within agency and within budget and contract
specifications, ensures that MFC staff have the right tools to do
their job effectively.
- Manages organizational structure and systems adequately so that
case managers may stay focused on clients.
- Is proactive with local, state, and national issues that may
affect sustainability of program. Quality Improvement and
- Oversees and ensures timely and accurate medical record
- Reads and interprets reports; shares appropriately with team
- Ensures implementation of quality improvement strategies.
- Develops methods for ongoing assessment of staff development
needs; compares available data to structure appropriate continuing
education and guidance of staff.
- Provides routine surveillance of potential client care
- Evaluates implementing agency outcomes and interventions.
Create and Maintain MFC Nursing Culture
- Maintains relationships based on trust, support and growth with
team colleagues and community members.
- Works collaboratively with nurses, social workers,
administrative staff, doctors and community health care
- Takes a leadership role in Program-Based Health Center
meetings, monthly foster care supervisors and staff meetings,
Family Team Conferences, and other CAS site meetings.
- Ensures that supervision of MFC nurse case managers utilizes
principles and concepts of motivational interviewing, coaching and
reflective practice (modeling therapeutic relationships, change
theory, self-efficacy, client centered, strength based, and
solution focused approaches).
- Develops and implements regular reflective practice supervision
within the program and conducts field visits.
- Ensures that own reflective practice and ongoing professional
and personal development needs are addressed.
- Provides regular case conferences and team meetings.
- Ensures rewards and incentives are aligned with goals of
program. SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- NYS Licensed Registered Nurse.
- 7-10 years' experience in pediatric nursing; with special needs
children a plus, including 5 years of increasing supervisory
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Goal oriented with strong time management skills
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Bilingual (Spanish) ability a plus. Requirements:
Keywords: Children's Aid, New Rochelle , Nurse Administrator, Healthcare , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!