Physical Therapist - Per Diem
Company: Summit Health
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Career Opportunities at Summit Health and CityMD
Summit Health and CityMD form a physician-driven, patient-centric
network, committed to simplifying the complexities of health care
and bringing a more connected kind of care. Our unique network was
created by the 2019 merger between Summit Medical Group, one of the
nation's premier independent multispecialty medical groups, and
CityMD, the leading urgent care provider in the New York
metropolitan area. Together, Summit Health and CityMD deliver a
more intuitive, comprehensive, and responsive care experience for
every patient, regardless of the stage of life or health condition,
through high-quality primary, specialty, and urgent care.
We are continually growing to meet the needs of our patients and
deliver exceptional care to an even greater population. Summit
Health now has more than 2,800 providers across more than 80
specialty areas, 13,000 employees, and over 370 locations in New
York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, and Central Oregon.
CityMD has over 150 locations across the tri-state. We share a
vision of improving the way health care needs are addressed by
offering timely, high-quality, comprehensive care with an
exceptional patient experience. Together, we provide the best
possible care to every patient in every neighborhood.
Join our team!
Summit Health and CityMD are dedicated to hiring and retaining the
right talent who will contribute to our ongoing expansion and
success. We work to set clear goals and expectations, while
regularly managing performance and cultivating personal and team
capabilities within a positive, collaborative environment that
recognizes and rewards success. We strive to make each team
member's experience at our company inspiring. Explore our open
positions and apply to become a part of the Summit Health and
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Perform and document an initial exam, evaluating data to
identify problems and determine a diagnosis prior to intervention.
Inform patients when diagnosis reveals findings outside physical
therapy and refer to appropriate practitioners
- Record prognosis, treatment, response, and progress in
patient's chart or enter information into EMR
- Plan, prepare and carry out individually designed programs of
physical treatment (modalities, manual treatment, therapeutic ex,
etc.) to maintain, improve or restore physical functioning,
alleviate pain and prevent physical dysfunction in patients.
- Evaluate effects of treatment at various stages and adjust
treatments to achieve maximum benefit.
- Direct, supervise, assess, and communicate with supportive
- Provide educational information about physical therapy and
physical therapists, injury prevention, ergonomics and ways to
- Discharge patient from physical therapy when goals or projected
outcomes have been attained and provide for appropriate follow-up
care or referrals. And instruct patient and family in treatment
procedures to be continued at home.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Physical Therapy-
- NYS Physical Therapy License and Registration- required
- BLS Certification- required
- Communicate effectively with patients, insurance companies, and
- Communicate with MDs on a continuously basis in regards to
- Knowledge of EMR, MS Word/Excel, PT billing codes
- Knowledge of manual PT treatments, use of modality and PT
Pay Range $36/hr - $43/hr
The provided compensation range is based on industry standards and
salary determinations will be made based on numerous factors
including but not limited to years of experience and location of
Total Rewards at Summit Health CityMD
Our team members are essential to our mission to reshape healthcare
through the power of connection. Summit Health highly values the
critical role that health and wellness play in the lives of our
team members and their families. We strive to provide a valuable
suite of benefits, wellness programs, compensation, time off, and
resources to support the wellbeing and personal needs of team
members and their families at various stages of life and in their
professional career. Collectively, we call these "Total
Here at Summit Health, our total rewards include, but are not
- We've Got You Covered - Health coverage is vital, and it begins
as soon as the 1st of the month after you start
- Build a Healthy Foundation - Various medical plan options, HDHP
with HSA option and employer contribution, and waived copays at
CityMD Urgent Cares.
- Enhance Your Health Coverage - Dental and vision insurance,
plus healthcare and dependent care spending accounts.
- Safeguard Your Household - Company paid EAP and life insurance,
plus optional supplemental life, pet, and legal plan
- Protect Against the Unexpected - Voluntary benefits including
hospital indemnity, accident, critical illness, and disability
- Retirement Investing - 401(k) plan with company match every pay
period to help you build towards your retirement.
- Work/Life Balance - Paid time off including PTO, holidays, and
more so employees can take a break or care for themselves and their
- Paid Maternity Leave - Paid time off for the birth of a child
to assist with important time away while welcoming the newest
addition to your family.
- Reach Professional Goals - Tuition reimbursement, annual
compensation and bonus program, and internal growth
- Financial Wellness - Educational webinars, resources, and tools
to help foster financial literacy.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does
not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed,
gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression
(including transgender status), national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital
status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local
Our Company cares about the safety of our employees and applicants.
Our Company does not use chat rooms for job searches or
communications. Our Company will never request personal information
via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. Our Company will
never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other
personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of
potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at
select Our Company locations during regular business hours only.
For information on job scams, visit,
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at
Keywords: Summit Health, New Rochelle , Physical Therapist - Per Diem, Healthcare , Purchase, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!