Physician Assistant - OB/GYN (Physician Assistant )
Company: Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY)
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Obstetrics & Gynecology opening in Bronx, New York. Physician
Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest
multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to
nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the
most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people
do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity
of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is
committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic
physicians and promotes our health professionals' wellness. PAGNY
is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals
who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest
public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are
highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who
deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients
throughout New York City. NYC Health + Hospitals/North Central
Bronx handle more than 156,000 outpatient visits, more than 50,000
emergency room visits and more than 7,500 admissions annually in
the 232-bed facility. The hospital maintains an academic
affiliation with the James J. Peters VA Medical Center .
- The Physician Assistant in the Department takes history and
conducts physical examinations on patients assigned to his or her
care in both hospital and ambulatory settings.
--- Physician Assistants attend clinical conferences as required by
JCAHO and present cases in departmental grand rounds.
--- Participates in department Performance Improvement
--- Physician Assistants will contribute strong efforts in ensuring
patient satisfaction as well as improving patient census in the
--- Physician Assistant will ensure compliance with JCAHO standards
and follow all approved policies and procedures.
Obstetrics: ---When assigned to the Obstetric Triage Labor &
Delivery area - the physician assistant will be supervised by the
attending physician. Similarly, physician assistants assigned to
the antepartum and postpartum units will evaluate and discharge
patients under the supervision of the attending physician.
Gynecology : Physician Assistants assigned to Gynecology will admit
and discharge patients under the supervision of attending
physicians. Duties also include:
- Assistance in the operating room.
- Evaluating patients in the Emergency Room
- Performance and interpretation of routine tests as
- Insertion and maintenance of IV lines, urinary catheters,
nasogastric tubes O2 masks.
- Intrapartum follow-up of patients and participation in
uncomplicated vaginal deliveries.
- Writing orders requiring countersignature of attending
- Satisfactory completion of an approved educational program of
Physician Assistant Training.
- New York State Licensure
- Certification by the NCPPA
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination required prior to hire Benefits
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage Compensation:
- Min USD: $120,000.00 Annually
- Max USD: $120,000.00 Annually Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY), New Rochelle , Physician Assistant - OB/GYN (Physician Assistant ), Healthcare , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!