Ultrasound Technologist - Long Term Per Diem & Contracts - Plainview Hospital -FlexStaff
Company: Northwell Health
Posted on: March 17, 2023
**MUST HAVE OBGYN EXPERIENCE**
* Prepares patient for ultrasound exam; Positions patient on examination table according to departmental standard operating procedures; explains procedures in layman's terms to relieve patient of pre-testing anxiety.
* Obtains pertinent imaging and diagnostic reports required for correlation with ultrasound exam being performed; consults with referring physician regarding patient history and to determine appropriate ultrasound exam required.
* Sets-up equipment to administer particular exam in a timely fashion; uses settings on machines to assure accurate results, using technical judgment.
* Recognizes significance of structures visualized in the oscilloscope and differentiates artifacts from normal or pathologic processes; determines need for more extensive evaluations beyond preliminary instructions.
* Observes patient during entire examination. Recognizes and reports any changes in patient's condition and/or motor abnormality complaints by patient including: fainting, discoloration, etc. in accordance with procedures.
* Documents image details and labels study; maintains records and logs exams performed.
* Performs minor repairs and frequent calibration checks and adjusts ultrasound equipment, when necessary and troubleshoots mechanical problems of the equipment by performing minor repairs as necessary.
* Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions
* Vocational or Technical school Diploma required.
* Current Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Certification required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
* 1-3 years of technical experience, required
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future. When determining a team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated contracts, budget and internal equity).
Keywords: Northwell Health, New Rochelle , Ultrasound Technologist - Long Term Per Diem & Contracts - Plainview Hospital -FlexStaff, Healthcare , Plainview, New York
here to apply!