Social Worker (LMSW), Bronx NY
Company: Westhab, Inc.
Posted on: March 20, 2023
-JOB TITLE: - - - - - - SOCIAL WORKER - LCSWDIVISION: - - - - -
- -SERVICES - - - - - - - -FLSA: - - - - - - - - - -EXEMPT - - - -
- - - - -LOCATION: - - - - - - BRONX, NYREPORTS TO: - - - - - - -
-PROGRAM DIRECTORSALARY: - - - - - - - - - - - -$60,000 TO $95,000
-SUMMARY: - The LMSW is responsible for coordinating out and
inpatient mental health and substance abuse services for a 60 unit
homeless shelter -with families with children. - Proof of COVID-19
vaccine is required.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for facilitating weekly mental health/ substance
abuse workshops and onsite support groups for clients.
- Must have knowledge of community resources, how to make
appropriate referrals to community and other governmental agencies
for services, and ability to coordinate services.
- Must be able to independently assess the psychosocial
functioning and needs of clients to formulate and implement a
treatment plan, identifying the client's problems, strengths,
weaknesses, coping skills and assistance needed.
- Work from a strength based, client centered perspective to
independently conduct psychosocial assessments and provide
psychosocial treatment to a wide variety of individuals from
various socio-economic, cultural, ethnic, educational and other
- Must have knowledge and experience in the use of medical and
mental health diagnoses, disabilities and treatment procedures.
- Must be able to provide consultation services to other staff
about the psychosocial needs of clients and the impact of
psychosocial problems on health care and compliance with treatment.
- Must have knowledge and skill in the use of computer software
applications for drafting documents, data management, and
- Provides crisis intervention and stabilization as needed. - May
require some after hour's and or weekend follow-up to emergency
- Maintains; reviews and signs off on all required
documentation/reports and submits all in a timely manner.
- Identifies program needs and makes recommendations.
- Performs related tasks as assigned. EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:LMSW Required. Must have a master's degree in
social work from a school of social work fully accredited by the
Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). - At least two years'
experience in an area of specialized social work practice. Fluency
in Spanish is highly desirable. Must have own car and valid NYS
driver's license required. AGENCY PROFILE & EMPLOYEE
EXPECTATIONS:Westhab is a prominent -community development
organization, providing housing and supportive services for more
than 10,000 of the most vulnerable members of our community each
year. We are staffed by an extraordinary group of hard working
professionals that are fully committed to our mission - -Building
Communities. Changing Lives. -Working at Westhab is not easy. Our
expectations for all staff are high. We believe that the people and
the communities that we have the privilege to serve deserve our
very best every day. We are a results-driven organization that
focuses on empowerment and impact. If you want to apply for this
opportunity, it should only be because you feel ready for the
challenges and expectations that come with joining this kind of
team. (EOE) -OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ADMINISTRATION
(OSHA):The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
ensures safe and healthful working conditions to workers by setting
and enforcing standards and by providing training, outreach,
education and assistance. - Westhab complies with all applicable
-OSHA -standards, rules and regulations in addition to keeping our
workplaces free of serious recognized hazards. -Powered by
Keywords: Westhab, Inc., New Rochelle , Social Worker (LMSW), Bronx NY, Healthcare , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...