Medical Records Retrieval Specialist I
Company: ABIDSS, Inc.
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Overview:We are looking for detail-oriented and motivated
candidates to join our growing team as a Medical Records Clerk
(Internally known as Retrieval Specialist). This person would be
calling physician's offices and hospitals to request medical
records. All communication with facilities is documented both by
paper and within our in-house computer system. The ideal candidate
would take pride in strong customer service and communication
skills. If you are a naturally high producer with a strong sense of
urgency, then this position might be for you. ABI offers a
fast-paced team atmosphere with competitive benefits, paid time
off, and 401k. This role is an ONSITE, full time positon with a
standard work schedule Monday-Friday (standard hours). It may be
necessary to work overtime depending on business needs. We are
setting up interviews with flexible interview times and we are
hiring immediately. Responsibilities:Essential Functions - All
- Call and establish the lines of communication with custodians
of record based on order priority.
- Make regular and persistent phone calls and/or other means of
contact with each custodian to complete each order timely.
- Escalate the level of communication (intensity) with custodian
as order approaches due date and send proper notices to each
location to elicit production of records in accordance with ABI
- Enter viewable and non-viewable updates into the ABI computer
system to document all conversations with custodians, all progress
of orders, and all tracking of orders. (documented due
- Maintain an organized rotation of all work orders in possession
to ensure orders are called according to priority (generally by due
- Provide quality control for all incoming records when matching
to a work order. (i.e. record subject identifying information and
type of records requested vs. what was received).
- Schedule field jobs accurately and completely. Each appointment
requires information verification (address, copy times, contact
name). (All items being requested by client should be expressed to
custodian prior to setting appointments).
- Report daily productivity numbers to immediate supervisor
through accurate and consistent maintenance of the ABI
- Route work orders to appropriate departments in a timely
manner. Marginal Functions
- Create offsite orders accurately after verifying all
- Close and forward orders when necessary.
- Enter all film breakdowns accurately per ABI protocol. Medical
OfficeLegalLegal SecretaryParalegalMedical RecordsMedical Records
ClerkMedical ReceptionistRHITRegistered Health Information
Technicians Qualifications:Educational Requirements
- High school graduate and/or GED equivalent. Some college
desirable but not required. Experience Requirements
- Prior work experience in customer service, a call center,
medical, legal, or insurance claims office.
- Level II requires 1 year within a Document Retrieval position
and/or equivalent experience.Skills and Abilities
- Good understanding of the organizations goals and
- Excellent telephone communication skills.
- Highly self motivated and self directed.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
- Introductory analytical, problem-solving abilities and decision
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
- Introductory written, interpersonal and organizational
- Some understanding of the internal processes of medical
facilities and med-legal terminology.
- Multi-tasking skills essential
- Ability to type 35 wpm
- Bi-lingual a plus WHO WE ARE ABI Document Support Services is
the largest nationwide provider of records retrieval, subpoena
services, and document management for the legal and insurance
industries. There is no other company in the market that provides
the volume of successfully retrieved records or the document
management solutions that ABI offers. Our singular focus is records
retrieval and the most advanced technology solutions for our
clients to manage, analyze and summarize those retrieved records.
We are committed to continually raising the bar for cost effective
record retrieval and more thorough analysis and summarization. ABI
is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affords equal opportunity to
all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to
protected veteran status, qualified individuals with disabilities
and all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or any
other status protected under local, state or federal laws. Equal
Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans ABI
offers a fast-paced team atmosphere with competitive benefits
(medical, vision, dental), paid time off, and 401k.
Keywords: ABIDSS, Inc., New Rochelle , Medical Records Retrieval Specialist I, Healthcare , Bethpage, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...