Clinical Supervisor *Sign-On Bonus $2,500- $3,500*
Company: Vocational Instruction Project Community Services
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Description:POSITION TITLE: Clinical SupervisorPOSITION REPORTS
TO: Program DirectorPOSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision and
direction of the Program Director, Supervisor will assist with the
administration of 822 Program, general supervision of clinical
counselors and clerical staff.POSITION DESCRIPTION:Supervisory
- Oversee clinical counselors and confer with staff regularly
regarding evidence-based practice interventions and related matters
for the purpose of promoting and evaluating professional
development and assuring quality of care
- Manage utilization and serve as a point person for managed care
companies around program utilization.
- Maintain caseload: Implement a variety of direct clinical
diagnostic treatment and outreach services, as needed.
- Conduct regular case conferences with Clinicians for
supervision and consultation; review case records and select cases
for team discussion.
- Oversee staff members in assessing: the social, emotional and
economic causes of problem behavior and mental or emotional
disorders as well as developing and modifying treatment or approve
alternative courses of treatment, termination/transfer of
- Coordinate the assignment of client cases to counselors,
conduct coordinated staff meetings, provide in service trainings on
issues of practice and theory, schedule staff to provide for clinic
coverage as needed, evaluate work performance of supervisees.
Ensure staff members attend appropriate trainings.
- Work in collaboration with Billing and Q&I departments
under the direction of the Program Director to develop, and
implement substance abuse, behavioral, and mental health Quality
Assurance processes as required, for providing the aforementioned
services in compliance with all Local, Federal, State, and other
- Meet with counselors every two weeks for supervision to
instruct them on proper procedures for client record keeping, case
conferences, accurate referrals and confidentiality. Continuously
perform case audits to ensure client records are maintained in
accordance with the standards established by OASAS/CARF and other
local, federal, and state agencies, including VIP policies.
- Recommend disciplinary action(s) and/or termination of
- Participate in prospective employee interviews for new or open
- Initiate requests for case consultation with other Program
Directors, as needed.
- Approve clinical counselors for vacation and training(s) in
consultation with Program Director.
- Provide supervisory weekend coverage up to twice a month.
- Participate in community outreach and public relations
activities, as needed.
- All other duties as assigned by the Program DirectorReports
- Compiles and generates reports, letters and documents:
- Collect, maintain and prepares statistical data and reports
with the purpose of contributing to the operation and management of
the 822 Program.
- Develop evaluations for staff to be reviewed by the Program
- Attends meetings and seminars as assigned:
- Attend all meetings as assigned.
- Attend all necessary trainings as required or identified as
mandatory by the agency.JOB COMPETENCY:
- Master's degree in social work or Social Services related
degree in addition to two (2) to three (3) years related work place
experience. Must be an LMSW/LMHC with a CASAC.
- Working knowledge of utilization management to support the
clients, ensuring clients receive the best care and support over a
continuum of time to achieve positive clinical outcomes.
- Mandated Reporter.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Good clinical understanding of
adult mental health, diagnosis in the DSM-5, and brief, Cognitive
Behavioral Therapy and Motivational Interviewing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak read and write the English language,
Bi-cultural/Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Computer literate
- Cultural sensitivity and understanding of the Opioid Treatment
Population and co-occurring conditionsNOTE: This description
reflects management's assignment of essential functions. It does
not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Tasks are subject to
change at any time due to any reasonable but necessary
Keywords: Vocational Instruction Project Community Services , New Rochelle , Clinical Supervisor *Sign-On Bonus $2,500- $3,500*, Healthcare , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...