Desk Nursing - Licensed Practical Nurse
Company: Centers Assisted Living Program
Location: New Rochelle
Posted on: September 10, 2023
Desk Nurse- LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse)
Claremont Village ALP is seeking an LPN Desk Nurse for our assisted
living program in the Bronx, NY. The ideal candidate will have
previous desk nurse experience and a positive team player
- Complies with all NYSDOH regulations.
- Provides leadership and direction to personnel in accordance
with organizational/departmental goals
- Ensuring a clean work environment
- Perform regular supervision of Medication technicians
- Order and monitor medications of residents
- Assist residents with taking medications, as outlined in policy
- Ensure proper removal of discontinued medications
- Disposing of discontinued medications per facility
- Ensure timely and accurate medication orders and medication
- Review medication refill log to compare with medication in
- Review of "no-refill" orders in the refill log and requesting
orders from MDs.
- Review of receipt, storage and documentation of medications
- Maintain medical and medication information on all residents in
their designated file.
- Attend to all medication related paperwork for
admissions/readmissions (example: medications changes, new orders
- Preforms medication room audits (example: carts and MARS
- Ensure consistency between the physician prescriptions, blister
packs and medications poured for each resident.
- Communication with physicians and coordination of physician
- Coordinating lab draws for residents as ordered
- Reviewing results and following up with physicians on lab
- Ensure monthly weights are taken by the med techs, follow up
with the physician accordingly and document
- Intervene in medical/mental health emergencies as needed
- Must hold valid LPN License
- 3-5 years Long Term Care Experience preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent communication skills and strong team player
Claremont Villiage Assisted Living Program is an exciting, brand
new state-of-the-art assisted living program featuring luxury
living along with a host of services catering to the needs of our
senior residents. Offering a great work environment along with an
opportunity for growth, come to join our winning team!
Keywords: Centers Assisted Living Program, New Rochelle , Desk Nursing - Licensed Practical Nurse, Healthcare , New Rochelle, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!