Registered Nurse - RN
Location: New Rochelle
Posted on: November 14, 2023
Lend direction as well as a caring attitude. Bring a smile and your
vital knowledge to everyone every day. Brighten prospects for
patients and your career. -Connect with your goals and change
liveswith Fresenius Medical Care North America.
Here is your opportunity to make profound connections that make all
the difference. As the global leader in dialysis healthcare we know
what it takes to create strong bonds among patients their families
and our team members-and why it matters. Within this positive
environment those in our care can achieve better outcomes-and
professionals can achieve their most important objectives. -
Why Join the Fresenius Team?Passion. Dedication. Knowledge.
Motivation. Experience. These are the impressive qualities you'll
find in the Fresenius Leadership Team. Our strength in the North
American market and extensive global network provide our employees
with the best of both worlds-the friendliness of a local
organization and the stability of a worldwide organization-for
diverse experiences and challenging career opportunities. When you
join the Fresenius Medical Care team you'll be welcomed into a
company that is built on the philosophy that our employees are our
most important asset. Our career advantages include the following:
- Fresenius Medical Care is the nation's largest provider of
renal care meeting the needs of more than 135 000 patients at 1 800
clinics throughout the country.
- Our well-established trusted organization fosters a spirit of
camaraderie emphasizing friendly collaboration professional support
and career development.
- Superior training UltraCare - quality control and certification
procedures ensure your potential to succeed and advance as a
- Competitive compensation and exceptional benefits.
- Outstanding tuition reimbursement program.
- Recognized among Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies in
- National Safety Award from CNA insurance companies for 11
consecutive years.Opportunities to give back by participating in
philanthropy and community outreach programs.
-Staff Registered NurseThis is an exceptional opportunity to
succeed with a premier healthcare organization. As a key member of
our hemodialysis team this professional will manage our Patient
Care Technicians in providing safe effective delivery of chronic
hemodialysis therapy. Delegating tasks training and monitoring all
direct-patient staff including LVNs/LPNs and Dialysis Assistants
this individual will assess care needs and develop assignments.
-PURPOSE AND SCOPE:Functions as part of the hemodialysis health
care team as a Staff Registered Nurse to ensure provision of
quality patient care on a daily basis in accordance with FMS
policies procedures and training. Supports the FMCNA's mission
vision values and customer service philosophy. - Supports the FMCNA
commitment to the Quality Enhancement Program (QEP) and CQI
Activities including those related to patient satisfaction and
actively participates in process improvement activities that
enhance the likelihood that patients will achieve the FMCNA Quality
Enhancement Goals (QEP). - Adheres to all requirements of the FMCNA
Compliance Program and FMS patient care and administrative
policies. -DUTIES / ACTIVITIES: -CUSTOMER SERVICE:
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture though values and
customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external
and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through
effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond resolve and follow up
regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely
manner. -PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIESSTAFF RELATED:
- Directs Patient Care Technician's provision of safe and
effective delivery of chronic hemodialysis therapy to patients in
compliance with standards outlined in the facility policy procedure
manuals as well as regulations set forth by the corporation state
and federal agencies.
- Delegates tasks to all direct patient care staff including but
not limited to LVN/LPNs Patient Care Technicians and Dialysis
Assistants. - -
- Assesses daily patient care needs and develops appropriate
patient care assignments.
- Routinely monitors patient care staff for appropriate
techniques and adherence to facility policy and procedures.
- Participates in staff training and orientation of new staff as
- Participates in all required staff meetings as
- Ensures educational needs of patients and family are met
regarding End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD).
- Provides ongoing education to patients regarding their renal
disease vascular access and dialysis therapy and other related
- Discusses with patient and records education related to
diet/fluid and medication compliance. -
- Provides patient specific detailed education regarding adequacy
measures where applicable - Online Clearance Monitoring (OLC)
Adequacy Monitoring Program (AMP) Urea Kinetic Modeling (UKM).
- Ensures transplant awareness modality awareness and drive
catheter reduction. -
- Educates patients regarding laboratory values and the
relationship to adequate dialysis therapy compliance with treatment
schedule medications and fluid.Dialysis Treatment:
- Provides safe and effective delivery of care to patients with
- Accurately implements treatment prescriptions including Sodium
(Na) modeling prescription and Ultrafiltration modeling (where
appropriate) to ensure stable treatment therapy as indicated.
- Assesses patients' response to hemodialysis treatment therapy
making appropriate adjustments and modifications to the treatment
plan as indicated by the prescribing physician. Communicates
problems or concerns to the Team Leader or physician.
- Identifies and communicates patient related issues to Team
Leader or physician.
- Initiates Initial and Annual Nursing Assessment and ongoing
evaluation and documentation of patient care needs according to FMC
Policies and Procedures.
- Actively participates in the pre evaluation initiation
monitoring termination access homeostasis and post evaluation of
patients receiving hemodialysis treatment therapy according to
established FMC procedures.
- Takes appropriate intervention for changes in patient adequacy
status and troubleshooting access flow issues as identified by
OLC/AMP yellow lights.
- Provides supervises (if applicable) and monitors hemodialysis
access care according to established procedures.
- Implements administers monitors and documents patient's
response to prescribed interdialytic transfusions including
appropriate notification of adverse reactions to physician and
appropriate blood supplier.
- Ensures accurate and complete documentation by Patient Care
Technician on the Hemodialysis Treatment Sheet.Laboratory-related:
- Reviews transcribes and enters physician lab orders accurately
into the Medical Information System.
- Ensures appropriate preparation of lab requisitions for Spectra
or alternate lab.
- Ensures correct labs tubes are utilized for prescribed lab
specimens and that lab draw and processing procedures are performed
appropriately for all lab samples.
- Identifies and ensures appropriate follow-through regarding
missed labs and specimens reported to be insufficient according to
company policies and procedures.
- Ensures all specimens are appropriately packaged according to
Department of Transportation (DOT) policies and procedures relating
to shipment of blood or body fluid specimens and potentially
- Ensures that all labs are directed and delivered to appropriate
- Reports alert/panic and abnormal labs results to appropriate
- Ensures lab results are forwarded to physicians as
- Enforces all company approved polices and procedures as well as
regulations set forth by state and federal agencies and
- Maintains overall shift operation in a safe efficient and
- Act as a resource for other staff members.
- Routinely meets with the Clinical Manager to discuss personnel
and patient care status issues and information.
- Collaborate and communicate with physicians and other members
of the healthcare team to interpret adjust and coordinate care
provided to the patient.
- Provides assistance as needed to patients regarding
prescription refills according to FMCNA Policies.
- Ensures all physician orders are transcribed and entered into
the Medical Information system in a timely manner.
- Oversees all documentation of patient information.
- Maintains facility drug list for all required stock
- Maintains competency with all emergency operational procedures
and initiates CPR and emergency measures in the event of a cardiac
and/or respiratory arrest.
- Ensures verification and availability of adequate emergency
- Ensures provision of appropriate vaccinations immunizations and
annual Tuberculosis (TB) testing.
- Administers medications as prescribed or in accordance with
approved algorithm(s) and documents appropriate medical
justification if indicated.
- Administers PRN medications as prescribed and completes
appropriate documentation of assessment of effectiveness.
- Maintains appropriate recording of controlled substances as
required by law.
- Assists with the coordination of patient transportation if
- Ensures a clean safe and sanitary environment in the dialysis
facility treatment area.
- Ensures competency in the operation of all dialysis-related
equipment safely and effectively.
- Ensures all patient stations including machines and chairs are
clean and free of blood and placed appropriately.
- Ensures that all blood spills are immediately addressed
according to FMCNA Bloodborne Pathogen Control Policies.MEDICAL
RECORDS & DOCUMENTATION:General
- Ensures all relevant data including physician orders lab
results vital signs and treatment parameters and patient status are
documented appropriately and entered into Medical Information
- Ensures all appropriate patient related treatment data is
entered into the Medical Information System.
- Ensures all FMCNA policies regarding patient admission transfer
and discharge are appropriately implemented.
- Ensures and verify accuracy of Patient Care Technician
- Reviews and ensures appropriate daily completion of
Hemodialysis Treatment Sheets by all patient care staff.
- Ensures that all appropriate procedures are followed regarding
opening and closing procedures inclusive of monitoring that all
staff and patients have safely left the premises.Monthly
- Initiates documents and completes ongoing Continuous Quality
Improvement (CQI) activities including monthly reports.
- Completes monthly nurses' progress note.
- Ensures patient medical records are complete with appropriate
information documentation and identification on each page
(Addressograph label is on all chart forms). -
- Reviews transplant status and follows established procedure
regarding appropriate action to be taken.
- Completes patient care plans for new patients within the
initial 30 days or any patients deemed unstable requiring monthly
patient care plans.
- Completes any long-term programs that are due. Annually
- Completes initial and annual Nursing History and Assessment
- Ensures completion of Annual Standing Order Review with each
physician as required.OTHER:
- Performs additional duties as assigned.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND
WORKING CONDITIONS:The physical demands and work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Employees are required to take the Ishihara's Color
Blindness test as a condition of employment. Note that: Failing the
Ishihara Test Blindness does not preclude employment. The Company
will consider whether reasonable accommodations can be made.The
position provides direct patient care that regularly involves heavy
lifting and moving of patients and assisting with ambulation. -
Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance. - This
position requires frequent prolonged periods of standing and the
employee must be able to bend over. The employee may occasionally
be required to move with assistance machines and equipment of up to
200 lbs. and may lift chemical and water solutions of up to 30 lbs.
up as high as 5 feet.The work environment is characteristic of a
health care facility with air temperature control and moderate
noise levels. - May be exposed to infectious and contagious
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current appropriate state licensure.
- Must meet the practice requirements in the state in which he or
she is employed. -EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of one-year medical-surgical nursing experience
- Hemodialysis experience preferred.
- ICU experience preferred.
- Successfully complete a training course in the theory and
practice of hemodialysis.
- Successfully complete CPR Certification.
- Provide coverage at any or all area facilities as required by
- Icd-9 coding Training.
- Nurses Technical Training.
- Must meet appropriate state requirements (if any).EO/AA
Orientation/Gender Identity Fresenius Medical Care North America
maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable
federal and state laws.
Keywords: FRESENIUS, New Rochelle , Registered Nurse - RN, Healthcare , New Rochelle, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!