LPN Assisted Living
Company: Polaris Healthcare
Location: New Rochelle
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Recently renovated Assisted Living Community in New Rochelle
seeking a Medication Room Supervisor to join our team of fun and
caring professionals. If you are an LPN who is looking for an
oppotunity to work in a friendly upbeat environment and truly help
make a difference in the lives of our residents then we look
forward to meeting you!! Willing to train the right candidate.
Full Time 30/HR
Coordinate the service/assistance plans to meet the health needs of
the residents and promote wellness. Distributing Rx's received from
the pharmacy as prescribed by the resident's physician, keeping
records of medications received, their ordering, and maintaining
that all residents have their supply of needed medications.
Assisting residents in daily medication regimens.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Meet with every new resident and have the physician complete a
Medical assessment and Mental Health Assessment
2. For at-risk residents, coordinate the assistance plan and
communicate with the physician regarding issues that keep the
resident at risk.
3. Maintain a daily and accurate Medication Administration Record
for each resident. All orders prescribed by the physician should be
implemented and recorded immediately.
4. Maintain a daily and accurate Control Medication Log.
5. Ensure that all medications faxed to the pharmacy are delivered
within an appropriate time frame.
6. Inform Administration of any change in a resident's
7. Follow up with pharmacy to ensure proper and expedited delivery
of all medication Report any residents who do not show up or refuse
medications to Administration.
8. Inform the Case Manager when a resident refuses or does not show
up for medications with a resident refusal notice.
9. Provide medical input for residents, families, and staff when
the need for an alternative care setting becomes necessary.
10. Provide in-service for staff on health conditions common to
aging and specific to residents in assisted living, so that they
can deal better with residents' needs.
11. Establish a medication setup system, approved by
Administration, that works for the resident.
12. Review Daily Log Book located at the receptionist.
13. Complete additional tasks as assigned by the Management
1. Adhere to and carry out all policies and procedures.
2. Report on-the-job injuries to the Administrator before the end
of the work shift on the day the injury occurs.
3. Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with
co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
4. Maintain confidentiality of verbal and written information
pertaining to residents, facility operations, and personnel.
5. Promote the community in a positive way.
6. Promote teamwork in providing services to residents.
1. Full command of the English language i.e. reading and
2. First Aid & CPR
3. Fire and safety procedures
4. Local referral resources
5. Medication Procedures and Terminology.
1. Heated/Air-conditioned, well-lit facility with minimal
2. On call on a rotation schedule
1. Muse be an LPN
2. Experience in working with older adults
3. Good assessment skills
1. Residents always come first, and their needs will be met unless
there is a conflict with the needs of others or the organization as
2. Employees will not work under the influence of mood-altering or
illegal drugs or alcohol.
3. Neat appearance, adherence to the dress code, and good personal
hygiene are expected.
4. Must be available for all training and in-service sessions.
Keywords: Polaris Healthcare, New Rochelle , LPN Assisted Living, Healthcare , New Rochelle, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!