ASSISTANT COOK - CMCC KITCHEN - 1130 GRAND CONCOURSE
Posted on: January 15, 2022
BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic
and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter,
teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In
all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and
performance standards and is guided by the belief that people are
to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present
situation or past experiences.BronxWorks is hiring (1) Assistant
Cook for the CMCC Kitchen.
- Under direction of head cook prepare breakfast, lunch, dinner
and brunch (Brunch is served one Saturday of each month).
- Abide by Department of Health and OSHA regulations regarding
kitchen hygiene and maintenance.
- Assist with weighing in, receiving and proper storage of
- Participate in menu planning.
- Assist with safe handling and proper temperature control of
- Assist with proper functioning and cleaning of kitchen and
kitchen equipment, dining areas, and adherence to sanitation
- Ensure the practice of FIFO.
- Assist in checking in of all food orders to ensure accurate
delivery of products. Conduct monthly food inventory report.
- Assist the head cook with the supervision and training of
interns and volunteers.
- Maintain food usage records and assist in taking monthly
- Help coordinate activities of staff engaged in food
preparation, meal service and cleanup.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent credentials preferred.
- Valid Safe Food Handlers' Certificate.
- A minimum of at least two years of experience.
- Some experience working in a setting responsible for managing
and providing 3 meals based on required standards in a congregate
setting is preferred.
- Proficiency in safe operation of all kitchen equipment and
Department of Health Regulations.
- Strong oral and written communication, time management and
organizational skills are necessary. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk, or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb five flights of stairs, if required to conduct
home visits and/or fieldwork.
- Ability to bend and retrieve objects and/or documents.
- Ability to travel in the boroughs of New York City and its
adjacent counties via public transportation.
- Ability to travel for a minimum of 1 mile within a reasonable
amount of time and in all types of weather, including inclement
weather, if required to conduct home visits and/or field work.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after
last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start
BronxWorks is committed to equal employment opportunity and
providing reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates and
employees pursuant to applicable law. We value and encourage
diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual
orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition,
military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic
information, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: BronxWorks, New Rochelle , ASSISTANT COOK - CMCC KITCHEN - 1130 GRAND CONCOURSE, Hospitality & Tourism , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!