Food Service Worker
Company: Blackstone Consulting
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionDescription/Job SummaryFounded in 1991 by company
president Joe Blackstone, Blackstone Consulting, Inc. (BCI) is an
international service provider supporting nearly 6,000 managed
employees. Our earliest partnerships paired us with the Department
of Defense to provide full food, mess attendant and janitorial
services. And while those partnerships continue to this day, our
client base has grown to include Fortune 500 companies, hospitals,
schools, universities, and industrial sites.LOCATION:
USMMAPAY:ROLE: Food Service Worker Summary:Seeking a future
employee that has worked within a major institution where meals are
mass prepared (200-800 served at each meal service). Position
Overview:The Food Service Worker (FSW) serves as a cafeteria worker
helping in all steps of food preparation, presentation and
sanitation of the kitchen and dining room. FSW prepares food
displays in counter cases and other display units, greets customers
as they arrive at service counter, takes special orders and answers
basic customer questions about specialty foods. Basic
- Certificate in food handling/sanitation methods, or ServSafe
- Experienced in customer service
- Strong work ethic
- Experience demonstrated history of related Food Service
- Prior Food Prep experience within a fast pace/high volume
- pre-meal set-up, mealtime assigned tasks and post-meal cleaning
procedures. Specific Responsibilities:
- Prepares foods requiring short preparation time.
- Replenish the serving line.
- Assists in portioning, serving and or wrapping selected foods
on plates, trays, and bags.
- Prepare hot and/or cold sandwiches, fruit and vegetable trays,
salads, may slice and/or mix simple ingredients, as needed
- Always provides the highest quality of service to
- When supply deliveries arrive the FSW will assist storing food
products and supplies in designated storage rooms.
- Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing,
seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving, and serving soups, meats,
vegetables, desserts, and other foodstuffs for consumption in
- Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to
measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and
shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat,
poultry, or fish for culinary use.
- Clean and sanitize workstations and equipment and must follow
all company, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Set steam tables; serve or ensure proper serving of food.
- Cleans area of responsibility and practices "Clean As You
- Washing dishware, silverware, pot and pans and all cleaning &
sanitation duties pertaining to floors, walls, and windows.
- Replenishing "to-go" items (dining areas) Cups, Lids, dishware
& utensils on serving lines.Replenishing all breads, crackers,
fruits & salad bar requirements.
- Ensures proper water temperatures and proper operational
methods are maintained in the dishwashing machine throughout the
washing period.Ensures pots & pans are continuously washed, rinsed,
cleaned, and maintained in a sanitary condition
- Adhere to the BCI rules and regulations set forth in the
- Comply with all HACCP standards.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
- Duties may be assigned by the Supervisor, Dining Facility
Manager, or Project Manager.
- Applies basic skills and may develop skills appropriate for the
- Good working knowledge of food preparation. Requires
familiarity of kitchen equipment, including but not limited to,
knife, forks, measuring utensils, pots, pans, etc.
- Ability to work Nights, weekends, and Holidays.
- Ability to be available for quarterly cleaning. Physical
- May lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Stands and moves within the kitchen area for 6 to 8 hours
(excluding break and lunch periods)
- Some bending and squatting. Minimum Hiring Standards:
- Must be at least 18 years of age at time of pre-employment
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment
screening process; including drug screen and background
investigation and meet Company standards. Nothing in this job
description restricts management's right to assign or reassign
duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Keywords: Blackstone Consulting, New Rochelle , Food Service Worker, Hospitality & Tourism , Copiague, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!