Company: Blackstone Consulting
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Job DescriptionDescription/Job SummarySeeking a future employee
that has worked within a major institution where meals are mass
prepared (200-800 served at each meal service).Basic
- Certificate in food handling/sanitation methods, or ServSafe
- Experienced in customer service
- Strong work ethics
- Experience Demonstrated history of related Food Service
- Prior Cook experience within a fast pace/high volume
- Ability to prepare and cook to order foods requiring short
- Ability to reads food order or receives verbal instructions on
food required by patron and prepares and cooks food according to
- Ability to perform progressive cookingSpecific
- Prepares and cooks to order foods requiring short preparation
- Reads food order or receives verbal instructions on food
required by patron and prepares and cooks food according to
- Replenish the serving line.
- Typically, performs fast food cooking and grill cooking duties
in preparing food items to be served to customers.
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all
- Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing,
seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats,
vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating
- Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to
measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and
shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat,
poultry or fish for culinary use.
- Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements,
checks production, and keeps records in order to accurately plan
production requirements and requisition supplies and
- May select recipes per menu cycle, prepare bakery items,
receive inventory, move and lift foodstuffs and supplies and
prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
- May clean and sanitize workstations and equipment and must
follow all company, client and regulatory rules and
- Set steam tables; serve or ensure proper serving of food.
- Cleans area of responsibility and practices "Clean As You
- Performs progressive cooking.Additional Responsibilities:
- Adhere to the BCI rules and regulations set forth in the
- Comply with all HACCP standards.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
- Duties may be assigned by the Supervisor, Dining Facility
Manager, or Project Manager.
- Applies basic skills and may develop skills appropriate for the
- Good working knowledge of food preparation. Requires
familiarity of kitchen equipment, including but not limited to,
knife, forks, measuring utensils, pots, pans, etc.Physical Demands:
- May lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Stands and moves within the kitchen area for 6 to 8 hours
(excluding break and lunch periods)
- Some bending and squatting.Minimum Hiring Standards:
- Must be at least 18 years of age at time of pre-employment
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment
screening process; including drug screen and background
investigation and meet Company standards.Nothing in this job
description restricts management's right to assign or reassign
duties and responsibilities to this job at any
timeEOE/M/F/D/V/SOResponsibilities/DutiesFood prep and cookRequired
SkillsKnife skills, operating kitchen equipment, and product
Keywords: Blackstone Consulting, New Rochelle , Cook I, Hospitality & Tourism , Copiague, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!