Deli clerk- Part Time
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Join a team of more than 32,000 team members, comprised of our
home office and over 229 clubs and 7 distribution centers. We're
committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members,
helping them save every day on everything they need for their
family and home. BJ's Wholesale Club offers a collaborative,
team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow
and excel. -Job SummarySlices, packages, weighs, and sells various
deli products, including meats and cheeses. - Maintains the
presentation and cleanliness of the deli, including deli display
cases. Provides assistance to Members in the deli department.
- Carry out job functions and responsibilities as assigned.
Support the application of club policies, procedures and
- We strive for flawless execution and hold ourselves accountable
. - - -
- Acts with honesty and integrity and lead with the member in
mind to address any and all concerns and to escalate any concerns,
as appropriate. -
- Ensure a safe and positive environment for our members and each
- Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with
collaboration and respect. Work as a team to achieve goals.
- Move with speed and agility in everything we do.
- Innovate and adapt so we can move as fast as the world around
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude.Members:
- Deliver service excellence through all points of contact. -
- Resolve and deescalate to address every member concern.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the
- Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
- Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
- Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, CleanClub Standards: Work as a team
to deliver GOLD club standards daily.
- Work with commitment and pride to deliver GOLD- Grand opening
- All items stocked and promotional plans executed
- Maintain visible accurate signage
- Clean and organized, inside and outKnow your Business:
- Understand how to access and read production and/or financial
performance reporting for your department
- See the connection between consistent execution and the
positive impact it can have on the business
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides a high level of customer service to Members. Answers
questions and recommends deli items. Answers Member calls and takes
- Slices, packages, and weighs deli products, including cheeses
and meats. Helps Members select the correct products. Samples
product to assist in purchasing decisions. Prepares and packages
special orders and party trays.
- Receives and inspects deli shipments. Displays, stocks, rotate,
and stores deli products following food safety, food freshness, and
product handling policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all products are fresh and meet company quality
standards. Checks for out-of-date products daily and follows
appropriate product salvage policies and procedures.
- Ensures deli cooler shelves and deli display cases have a wide
variety of product. Stocks and rotates deli items when
- Operates and handles deli equipment in accordance with safety
policies and procedures.
- Cleans and sanitizes deli equipment and food surfaces
throughout the department, including rotisserie ovens, cooking
utensils, refrigerated cases, and the deli cooler.
- Ensures scale systems are in working order. Makes sure items
are weighed and priced accurately.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of this job.
- Work experience in a deli department preferred.
- Prior experience operating manual/power slicers and scales
- Knowledge of deli products preferred.
- At least 18 years of age.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard
surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to
examine or scan merchandise, including bending, handling, pulling,
reaching, and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May
require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects greater
than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor environment with frequent
exposure to temperature extremes from freezers, ovens, and/or
coolers. There may be frequent exposure to cleaning agents.
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, New Rochelle , Deli clerk- Part Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Westbury, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!