Company: Brae Burn Country Club
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionBARTENDER Reports to: Director of Clubhouse
- Minimum grade 12 education.
- One year of bartending experience. Job Knowledge, Core
Competencies and Expectations
- Stocks bar and completes other pre-opening requirements.
- Prepares and serves alcoholic beverages according to standard
- Skilled at slowing and refusing alcoholic beverage service when
- Complies with basic safety and sanitation requirements.
- Good organizational skills.
- Basic knowledge of club's POS system or comparable POS system
- Knowledgeable of all aspects of department and daily club
operations, including events and operating hours.
- Ability to read and understand Banquet Event Orders
- Ability to work large or small events with minimal supervision
and in a team environment.
- Cleans bar and completes other pre-closing requirements.
- Assures that all state and local laws and club policies and
procedures for the service of alcoholic beverages are consistently
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during
emergency situations. Job Summary (Essential Functions)Prepare,
pour and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Requires
knowledge of all aspects of mixology including food/wine pairings
and wine presentation and service. Job Tasks/Duties
- Inspects the bar prior to opening to ensure that adequate
supplies are available.
- Requests additional supplies as necessary and stocks the
- Follows set-up procedures.
- Prepares garnishes, fruits mixes and pre-mixed drinks prior to
- Greets members and guests.
- Mixes, prepares and serves drinks to members and guests and
mixes and prepares drinks ordered
- by food and beverage servers according to approved standard
- Collects checks and payments for drinks served.
- Reports complaints to a manager as they occur.
- Maintains and cleans bar area and equipment.
- Maintains records of liquors, beers and wine to ensure bar
stock is maintained at all times.
- Cleans and locks the bar area according to prescribed closing
- Ensures that all food items are correctly stored, labeled,
dated and rotated to prevent any health
- or safety hazards from occurring, and takes precautions against
- Attends staff meetings including pre-shift (line-up) sessions
and training as required.
- Carefully follows all laws and club policies and procedures
regarding alcoholic beverage service and informs manager if
continued service to a member or guest is in question.
- Serves drinks to members and guests seated at lounge tables in
the absence of a beverage server.
- Continually practices beverage and revenue control
- Thanks members and guests; invites them to return.
- Completes other appropriate work assignments as requested by
supervisor. Licenses and Special Requirements
- Alcohol beverage certification.
- Food safety certification.
- Of legal age to prepare and serve alcoholic beverages. Physical
Demands and Work Environment
- Required to stand for long periods and walk, climb stairs,
balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, stretch and twist or
- Push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds.
- Continuous repetitive motions.
- Work in hot, humid and noisy environment.
Keywords: Brae Burn Country Club, New Rochelle , Bartender, Hospitality & Tourism , Purchase, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!